Introducing Crash McLarson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bellingham, WA
Hi! I'm new around here. In addition to my horde of animals (see intro thread) I'm the proud owner of a tiny three-toed boxy named Crash. At best guess she's about 9 months old and is a happy, healthy, somewhat stand-offish little thing.
body.JPG

plastron.JPG

front.JPG

shell%20-%20side.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_BRpcGe5NBOc/TRuIeYVvBSI/AAAAAAAAK-A/YZ2crnR1uBk/s720/habitat.JPG

(Habitat shown without additional lighting.)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Crash is a nice little girl:) I like the first pic it looks like she is thinking what u looking at :p

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
coreyc said:
Crash is a nice little guy:) I like the first pic it looks like he is thinking what u looking at :p

She gives me that look often.. I have a feeling she'd be happiest if I just left her completely alone. Too bad for her. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
HI...I have a baby Three Toed too, and he looks a lot like yours, only he's a year old now. He is one of two little guys that had to stay in for the Winter, while all my other guys are outside hibernating under three feet of snow. Your little enclosure looks great. Three Toed's love the water, and all mine will sit in their pond for hours in the sun. Out of all my boxies they love the water the most. Box turtles are my favorite.

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
terryo said:
HI...I have a baby Three Toed too, and he looks a lot like yours, only he's a year old now. He is one of two little guys that had to stay in for the Winter, while all my other guys are outside hibernating under three feet of snow. Your little enclosure looks great. Three Toed's love the water, and all mine will sit in their pond for hours in the sun. Out of all my boxies they love the water the most. Box turtles are my favorite.

She's my first boxy, but she's a lot of fun. When I got her I was told she was an ornate (obviously not). She was supposedly about 6 months old in Sept when I got her, but since they didn't even come close with the species I'm not sure if I should take their word for it on the age. She hasn't grown a bit since I got her, but she eats well, and all the better for me, since the longer she stays tiny, the longer I get away with her little enclosure!

Torty Mom said:
Crash is a cutie!! So teeny tiny! :D

Thanks!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Your enclosure looks nice! I especially like the duckweed in your pond. Hmmm.... may have to try that in one of my enclosures!

And then I saw where you are located. Lucky you! That is a beautiful area!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Great enclosure and a cute little box turtle too. I sure like them, but its difficult to provide what they need in my area. I'll just enjoy your's from afar.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
she is so cute! I love the picture where you are holding her to show her bottom and her legs are all stretched out and she is looking over her bottom shell --- lol too cute!

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
TortyQueen said:
Your enclosure looks nice! I especially like the duckweed in your pond. Hmmm.... may have to try that in one of my enclosures!

And then I saw where you are located. Lucky you! That is a beautiful area!

I always used to keep it around in my Western Painted's aquarium and he loved it. Crash couldn't care less about the plants (except the fern, whch she sleeps under) but I like the look of it. I get it free or next to free from our aquarium/reptile supply store since they can't get rid of the stuff in their aquariums.

Tom said:
Great enclosure and a cute little box turtle too. I sure like them, but its difficult to provide what they need in my area. I'll just enjoy your's from afar.

Up in the PNW a three-toed is pretty easy to take care of. Much easier than the sulcatas! The substrate stays pretty moist just from watering the plants, and I mist it at least daily, as her species is most active during/just after a rain. But other than keeping her humidity up, she doesn't need much extra heat. You're welcome to admire her as much as you like.

Jessicap said:
she is so cute! I love the picture where you are holding her to show her bottom and her legs are all stretched out and she is looking over her bottom shell --- lol too cute!

She was so pissed about that picture. She's giving me the evil eye. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.