internal struggles

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
I’ll be praying for you, depression is very serious and very real. You have a community here that will support you but I’d like to encourage you to find a community of folks there in your area as well. Do you have someone there you can talk to in person? A friend to grab coffee with a couple of times a week, just to chat with? I know doctors can be expensive but there are other ways without insurance, my family has medishare so we get to take advantage of some of the things that self pay individuals get, like most doctors give a 25-40% discount for self pay and there’s a magical app called good RX that gives killer deals on prescriptions! As far as your tortoise, he looks absolutely great! You’ve done a terrific job, I’d like to see you keep it up. If worse comes to worse, then I’m sure you’ll find someone to care for him, I know there’s several folks here that would but you’ve done such a good job and are obviously in love with him. Keep doing what you’ve been doing. [emoji41]

baldegale

Hi! How are things going?

interesting.. to say the least. i might be moving to ohio and living with my grandma again for a bit. that’s if she allows me to take my snake. thats the only way my parents will help take care of my tort and my beardie, but i need a break from everything here anyways. theyre both scared of my snake and so is my grandma so i cant leave without it either way. other than that my birthday is coming up and its a big one, but if im being honest im the slightest bit excited

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
When is your birthday?

Is it far to your Grandmother's house? Geeesh now my mind is singing, "over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go"

baldegale

When is your birthday?

Is it far to your Grandmother's house? Geeesh now my mind is singing, "over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go"

feb 25th, my 18th

far? its from southern tennessee to northern ohio. about 500 miles i think

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Yes. Been battling MDD and GAD my entire adult life (I' m sure childhood too, but you didn't talk about it then). I'm 49 now.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
feb 25th, my 18th

far? its from southern tennessee to northern ohio. about 500 miles i think
I'm in northern ohio and experienced with snakes and lizards too, not just turtles. Let me know if you need any help.

baldegale

The 18th is pretty special. Any plans? Do you go to school?

nah nothing special, my grandma is coming down to tennessee and thats about it. i guess thats why im not too excited. no, i dont go to school. i dropped out mid 10th grade (id be graduating this year) due to my depression and how much ive always moved

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You're not alone with your depression.
If you're like me, sometimes even the cause of it is unclear.
But you're old enough to know that life has cycles.
The good and the bad.
So I expect you are soon due some extreme happiness.
Take it easy.