Interests in Tortoise

KeraBeara

Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia
So, I have decided I want one that’s more Arid, and not HUGE as in needing a whole yard, but can get decently huge enclosures (compared to the tiny animals I have). I was looking into Egyptian Tortoises & Spider Tortoises but no sure which is best. What ppls experiences with them? Btw I’m new to Tortoises ;-; I wanna make sure I get the one I want for sure....

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Both Egyptian and spider tortoises are kind of delicate tortoises they might not be the best first tortoise to have. Most keepers keep them indoors a lot as well. I might look at Hermans and Greek tortoises if I was you there are lots of variety and they are great outside tortoises. what ever tortoise you chose do lots or research and enjoy your new pet!

KeraBeara

West Virginia
Both Egyptian and spider tortoises are kind of delicate tortoises they might not be the best first tortoise to have. Most keepers keep them indoors a lot as well. I might look at Hermans and Greek tortoises if I was you there are lots of variety and they are great outside tortoises. what ever tortoise you chose do lots or research and enjoy your new pet!

I was kinda wanting one that more for inside then outside. Where I live no one rlly has a “yard” and anyone would be able to come and steal him without us being able to do anything. But thank you! I plan on trying to find the tortoise I for sure want then go from there! ^_^

KeraBeara

West Virginia
Maybe a Mediterranean tortoise would suit your preference. I.e. a Greek, Russian or marginated tortoise.

Imma look into all those some more then [emoji848] If I can’t find one that I can take proper care of right now I know I can get proper set up and stuff for a box turtle so yeah. Thank you!