inside enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavender25

5 Year Member
we are constructing an inside enclosure. the floor is plywood, and the sides are boards. when i add the substrate should i add some soil first or should i just put in the moss and mulch? ALso what kids of plants would you put into the inside enclosure?

khanvict

5 Year Member
lavender25 said:
we are constructing an inside enclosure. the floor is plywood, and the sides are boards. when i add the substrate should i add some soil first or should i just put in the moss and mulch? ALso what kids of plants would you put into the inside enclosure?

what i planned on doing is having a designated soil only/digging area somewhere in the enclosure and surrounding the remaining areas with mulch and sprinkling in some soil here and there to soften it up. i think any way you plan to do it will be fine though.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
What type of torts are you planning on housing in your indoor enclosure? Also I think you said that your enclosure is wooden and if so you would need to make sure it is pressure treated wood because it might begin to rot if you were to keep the enclosure moist. Really before you decide wat type of plants you are going to plant in there the type of tortoise needs to be known before we can help you out. After you tell us that info i have no doubt that you will find the answers you are looking for.

Best of Luck
John

M

Maggie Cummings

You need to line it with a shower curtain liner or something like that. Otherwise water will drip thru onto your carpet and the wood will rot. I staple a shower curtain liner in place first.

lavender25

5 Year Member
Maggie, I was planning to use a shower curtain liner:)

Oh yeah, we will be getting a red-foot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.