Inside enclosur

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCopper

5 Year Member
I am building an enclosure for my hatchling sulcata. It is going to be totally enclosed, made of plywood, with a door and glass on the front. My question is, what should I do with the inside, as far as the walls go. I plan to put laminate down on the floor so I can use a substrate that I can keep moist for humidity, but do I need to do anything with the walls, or can I just keep them bare plywood? Also, is there any other recommendations as far as the flooring goes?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
You will likely need to research a safe non toxic paint and plan to paint all that will be exposed to any moisture...or you will have a tort dealing with unhealthy mold....and that will be bad.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just go 10" up the walls with the same laminate and seal the corners well with plain silicone sealant.

The only paint that will stand up to constant wetness is boat paint. You will have to search very carefully to find some that is non-toxic and expect to pay around $130 per gallon. I researched this a bunch, and even talked directly to some of the paint reps who supply the hardware stores.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The only paint that will stand up to constant wetness is boat paint. You will have to search very carefully to find some that is non-toxic and expect to pay around $130 per gallon. I researched this a bunch, and even talked directly to some of the paint reps who supply the hardware stores.

See, there you go---research find offered up here....awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.