Inexpensive Mazuri Tortoise Feed....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
HI everyone ...
Well I've gone on eBay as well as visited a few sites from the forum. I'm looking to get at least 20/40 lbs. depending on the price, as everyone charges way too much for delivering feed when I can get 50lbs bag of dog food ship to my front step for $9.99 .... I found a few eBay stores where they are selling two pound bags for under ten but then the shipping is close to buying a life animal... Insane, but there you have it. I need a dependable, fast - store with good prices. Thanks for the help.

Katherine

5 Year Member
If you have a farm supply or feed store near you, they likely carry Purina products and can order Mazuri for you. I have found this to be the cheapest way to obtain Mazuri, as you evade shipping charges all together. I pay right around 27$ for a 25lb bag which is pretty standard.

And I am almost afraid to ask.... But what on earth do you feed your dogs for such a price???

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Inexpensive and Mazuri doesn't mesh too well........Tortoise food isn't Dog food, so there really isn't a comparison......You either have two options - Buying 25lb bags at a Feed store or ordering it by the pound.......Market price is well, market price for a reason.......

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Lol... Thank you for the idea. It's just being in Portland, all they care about is gambling.
And the $9.99 comment was shipping price. But it's medicated Royal Canine, mixed with Solid Gold and taste of the wild. They eat better than I do. Cats love their Felidae, Uro C, medicated to prevent crystals in the boys urine, and science diet TD to prevent foul breathe. :)

EricIvins said:
Inexpensive and Mazuri doesn't mesh too well........Tortoise food isn't Dog food, so there really isn't a comparison......You either have two options - Buying 25lb bags at a Feed store or ordering it by the pound.......Market price is well, market price for a reason.......

I meant that as a weight example. Dry feed shouldn't cost more than ten bucks to SHIP.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
agree with Laura. That is the easiest way. A feed store is probably already ordering Mazuri for other owners...they make more than just tortoise diet and would be glad to add your bag of feed to their order. That is what I do when I want a bag.

When you are ordering it on line or from a person here on the forum, the diet is inexpensive...it is the shipping that is the big cost.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Argh I’ve called every animal feed store listed on yp.com for Portland; & everyone says “We can get it for you” but 90% of the Feed Shops said it would take two months to arrive?!? I guess I’ll have to suffer the $50 shipping costs that everyone charges. *CRY*

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Interesting... I get a 25 lb bag of it here for $26 at my feed store. They always have it in stock as well.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
yagyujubei said:
Are there any TSC stores in your area? Anyone who carries purina can get it for you. I'm picking up 100# on Friday. I ordered it Monday. Should be about $120.If all else fails ask your grocer.

Try one of these.
http://poultry.purinamills.com/dealerLocator/?state=or&SearchType=MR

Apparently the 10% are Wholesale Only. Still no feed areas. But there is one that does Purrina/Mazuri but she wouldn't tell me the price because I don't have a retail number... *sigh*

[/quote]

Thank you so much; but driving there, I might as well visit San Francisco; yup it's that far. ;-P oh wait one is 21 miles away yikes.. 21 miles equals 42 minutes to get there,.

only 8 miles away "GATEWAY TRUE VALUE HARDWARE" but he goes, "nope we sell chicken & horse stuff"... lol.. sounded like a yocal...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Laura said:
find a feed store that sells Purina.. I pay about $27 for 25pounds...

The Mazuri wed site sells it for 27.73 for 25 pounds plus shipping. I think way cheaper then anyone else selling it even with the shipping which is 13.52 to Chicago. Equals 1.65 a pound. I don't think that is bad. However if you do, you could always ask your local pet store if they would order it for you. They may not want to order just one bag, but if you have enough to feed, make a worth their while and order 4 bags. There is no loss to them and they may even be able to make a few bucks off of it. Must a thought.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
wellington said:
Laura said:
find a feed store that sells Purina.. I pay about $27 for 25pounds...

The Mazuri wed site sells it for 27.73 for 25 pounds plus shipping. I think way cheaper then anyone else selling it even with the shipping which is 13.52 to Chicago. Equals 1.65 a pound. I don't think that is bad. However if you do, you could always ask your local pet store if they would order it for you. They may not want to order just one bag, but if you have enough to feed, make a worth their while and order 4 bags. There is no loss to them and they may even be able to make a few bucks off of it. Must a thought.

Whew, just checked that site. And, it's over $29 just for shipping to CA

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
wellington said:

Well i ordered 3 - 25lbs to 97223 portland oregon and shipping was $66! I just got robbed. Oh well my kids will be happy. But my husband is pissed off at me now. *cry*

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
tyrs4u said:
wellington said:

Well i ordered 3 - 25lbs to 97223 portland oregon and shipping was $66! I just got robbed. Oh well my kids will be happy. But my husband is pissed off at me now. *cry*

WOW, you did ger robbed. The shipping I quoted was for one 25lb. Bag, for two it was 18 something. You need to find a store that will order it for you.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
feed stores have to order a minimum product when they order from purina.. so that is probably why the wait... order it now.. and it will be here before you know it!

i would cancel that order!!

Status
Not open for further replies.