Indoor Redfoot Build

I started building a new enclosure for my redfoot. He is currently only 3 inches long. The entire enclosure is made out of select pine and poplar. I stained and sealed the outside in cherry and the inside has three layers of drylok. The marked spot in the back is where I plan to install a vent.

I finished staining and sealing it on Monday, if I get everything else finished would it be ok to put him in it this Sunday? Is that enough time for the enclosure to air out and be safe?

Attachments

• IMG_5712.JPG
    IMG_5712.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
I never really smelled any odor from the drylok but then again its also a low odor product. I did smell odor from the stain on the outside but it has almost gone away. I have heat lamps on since I read that it helps to cure it as well.

Ok so a new problem has one up that has me worried. On one of the sides inside of the enclosure there is what appears to be a bit of sap that has come through. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Should I paint the entire inside with some sort of paint or would putting some aquarium silicone over that one spot work??

Finally Finished the cage build! Right now it is the same size as my 40 gal breeder tank but way easier to get inside. And I can always add on to it later.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 42