new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Just finished the fence for my new redfoot enclosure.It's 24' x 32'.Still have to install a visual barrier.I'll be planting clover,dandelions,rose of Sharon,turnips and mustard.

100B2742.jpg

100B2730.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's going to be a beautiful pen. Great size. You may find that you need to nail up some 1x12 boards inside at ground level so the tortoises can't see out. Most of the time, tortoises practice that old adage, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." ...and they keep trying to get over there.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
emysemys said:
That's going to be a beautiful pen. Great size. You may find that you need to nail up some 1x12 boards inside at ground level so the tortoises can't see out. Most of the time, tortoises practice that old adage, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." ...and they keep trying to get over there.

That is my plan exactly.I'll be screwing 1 x 12 cypress around the bottom.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's great! What part of the world are you in? You've got some lucky tortoises.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Roachman26 said:
That's great! What part of the world are you in? You've got some lucky tortoises.
Thanks.I'm down in the Southeast corner of Arkansas.I've still got a lot of work to do on it,it's just too wet to get inside without sinking ankle deep in mud .

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So will you paint the wood pickets and 1 x 12's? Is that possible or do you have to leave it all untreated in case the tortoises chew on the wood?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Stephanie Logan said:
So will you paint the wood pickets and 1 x 12's? Is that possible or do you have to leave it all untreated in case the tortoises chew on the wood?

I'm going to leave them unpainted.

murdocjunior said:
Oh wow that beautiful i love it! Dnt forget to give us final pics when your done :)

Will do,when it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.