Indoor Enclosure Design and Build...and Hello All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate New York
That enclosure in incredible!
If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it cost approximately? I'm looking to make a two level table for my guy but I'm just trying to get an idea on how much it would cost. :)

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Thank you kindly, Wellington. Glad I found this place, helped a lot in getting setup and proper care.

I actually got Maeve from Tortoise Supply :) I originally had that site lined up for my sourse of seeds and cactus pads. Unfortunately, it looks like Tyler and Sarah are having someone make up some new mixes so a that mix I was looking at is currently not available. I'll keep an eye out though for when it's back in stock.

Maybe some further help to others, but I was looking for something to give her a better grip on the ramp but that didn't build up grime or dirt under it and I used the item below. I just cut it in half and and wired them together long ways. I'll let ya know how it does.

Instinct said:
That enclosure in incredible!
If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it cost approximately? I'm looking to make a two level table for my guy but I'm just trying to get an idea on how much it would cost. :)

Thank you much :)
I don't mind at all, trying my best to help those that I can in the enclosure section when it comes to woodworking basics. It was 1 1/2 sheets of 3/4" cabinet ply. I already had half a sheet of birch so I saved some there. One large sheet of 1/8" plexi and 3 smaller sheets. 1 10' piece of #2 1x4. A small box of 2" course thread drywall screws. Wood putty, stain, and poly.
So it kinda breaks down like so:
$45. Plywood
$6. 1x4 (already had)
$20. Plexi
$5. Screws (already had)
$3. Putty (already had)
$6. Stain
$8. Poly

So around $95 for just the main build. Keep in mind I'm using a nicer plywood, standard 3/4" pine is $10 cheaper a sheet. Not to mention I stained and sealed it, just so it would match the desk in my room.

The final stage stuff was the lighting and rigs to hold it
2 2ft undercabinet light fixtures at $13 each
2 24" Reptisun 5.0 bulbs at $30 each
2 10.5" heavy duty(ceramic sockets) work lights at $9 each
2 60w GE Reveal bulbs at $5 a pair
3 7.5" plant hangers at $5 each
2 18'' plant hangers at $8 each
10' of chain at $6
4' of 1" dowel rod at $4.

Errrr there's going to be another spot light on the top level but I bought the last one they had >.< so I'm just rockin the 2 ft up there for now.

Attachments

• 1364433201122.jpg
    1364433201122.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1364434995376.jpg
    1364434995376.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.