Indian star not pooping.

xhx

Location (City and/or State)
singapore
dear anyone
i notice my Indian star which I kept for the past 30years, lately he has not pooped. am feeding him as usual green leafys etc for the past 30years and is only recently did not see him pooped, only pee. any experienced advise on what to do next to assist him?

xhx

singapore
he pee but is not the usual clear color with mixture of white stuff. is some clear, total clear slimy liquid

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi,
The white in his pee is probably urates which is normal and torts pass regularly, it should be white/cream in colour and floaty in liquid. If it is gritty and solid it could be that he is dehydrated but doesn't sound as if his is. Can you post pictures of it?
I don't know anything about Indian Stars and their diets etc but some more information might help other members advise you.
E.g.
How long is it since he last pooped?
What is your torts usual diet?
Is he still eating?
Do you soak him often to keep him hydrated?

If you can post photos of his enclosure, tell us what substrate and lamps you use for heat and uvb etc you will get better advice.

Cucumber often has a laxative effect so I grate the flesh (not the peel of seeds) to a mush and give my tort that on his leaves if he seems to need a hand.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you scroll through the threads you'll find a lot of good information in this section.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds like your tortoise might be dehydrated. Get a fairly large tub and add warm water to come up to the middle of the tortoise's sides. The human bath tub works well for this. Leave the tortoise in there for an hour or so. When he starts scrambling around, trying to get out it usually causes them to poop.

Do you have water available for the tortoise at all times?