Indent in shell

Cutva

5 Year Member
I just picked up my 1 month old Russian and felt a about a fourth of the bottom of his shell pushed in that had not been there before. What could this be?

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I just picked up my 1 month old Russian and felt a about a fourth of the bottom of his shell pushed in that had not been there before. What could this be?

I'm confused. 25% of his shell just caved in or you're feeling some soft spots?

Some Soft shell is to be expected in a baby so I guess the real question I have for you is how soft is soft? Got any pics?

Cutva

5 Year Member
I'm confused. 25% of his shell just caved in or you're feeling some soft spots?

Some Soft shell is to be expected in a baby so I guess the real question I have for you is how soft is soft? Got any pics?
His shell is soft but it almost like someone took their thumb and pushed into his shell. It can't get a good picture of his shell.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give a run down of your enclosure, temps, humidity, lighting and heating you are using, diet, etc. @Tom may be able to help. Also, please read his care sheet at the beginning of the russians section.

Cutva

5 Year Member
Okay temps are 77 low and 89 high and 55 percent humidity. He has a tube UVB as well. He eats kale, spring mix, endive, mustard greens, and he has mazuri one a week. He has a peat moss and dirt mix in his enclosure which is a tub. He also has a log hide, water dish, feeding rock, and a small thing of grass in their with him. He seems fine other then the pressed in part on his shell.