IN SEARCH OF FEMALE CAPTIVE BRED RUSSIAN TORTOISE

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Check out Tortoisesupply.com.
Tyler is great to deal with and has very healthy tortoises.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Slow down get know the people on the forum . When they see you care and love torts as we do they will be more generous and willing to help you . Well hope this helped

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Most of us treat our torts like our children . So we re not in a rush to part with them but for the people we trust we might . And some times things come up where we have to find a good home for a tort they do it to people they trust . That's why I say slow down and enjoy the TFO .

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Here's why you should slow down, a concrete example of how at least some of us think: Before I'd rehome my female who is now living happily alone after the group dynamics failed, I'd want to know if there was an intention to breed tortoises, what kind of group was already in place, roughly where she'd be going, if the new home was one with experience in tortoises and if she'd be going to a situation that would be at as good or better than the one she already has. I'd want the new keeper to be eager to learn about tortoises.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Johnsonnboswell
Thank you for your help I really was trieing to be tackful . Thanks again

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I am looking to purchase a female captive bred russian tortoise from a reputable breeder...any guidance would be appreciated.

Here's an obstacle that you might consider. Breeders sell babies. They don't raise them for a few years, see what the sexes are, and then sell them. It is physically possible to find someone wanting to part with an adult captive bred female, but that would be a pretty unusual occurrence. If someone has taken the time to raise a CB baby long enough to find out the sex, they usually don't want to part with it.

We might be able to offer more help if we understood what your intentions were with this tortoise. Why female? Why must it be CB? Why from a breeder and not the person who raised it long enough to discover the sex?

If nothing else, I am curious how you arrived at those specific, and difficult to meet requirements. Well, maybe nosy is a better word than curious... :)

Welcome to the forum.