In Progress Outdoor Enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
heres the start to my torts going to be outdoor enclosures. theyre getting very eager to get put in the new ones with more shade, and bigger areas.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looking forward to more photos of the progress and the finished product. How exciting to build a whole tortoise yard from scratch...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep. Sure do. And I love it. Total of 3 acres. The torts have a 225' by 80' wire fence and gated area so predators don't get in. In the photo I recently added the privacy fence along the road (which is a dead end to a huge limestone creek) and I've been building up the dirt to flatten it out. Also getting the dirt from a hole I've been digging with my bobcat so I can make a pond and start expanding my rescue portion and take in water turtles.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like some big plans! Looks like your to my favorite part of enclosure building... the plants. :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'm close. I love doing the plants and arrangements too. And it's awesome when you first put them in the new pens. They get so curious

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Looks good so far!! You must have gotten a workout moving those cinder blocks!

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
hahaha I have my hubby and his bestfriend move my cinder blocks for me... 48 blocks... fun to watch sorry you had to do that ;)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It's not quite fully finished I still have a lot of BIG rocks and more plants to put in . But I will update a photo this afternoon after I do a little more to it :) I've a little ore occupied with the mountain pacing being pregnant, the elongated building a nest, the redfoots digging holes, the sulcatas pacing and digging. And new chacos, stars, and little mountain. So much tortoise I love it :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
alright still nowhere near complete. but its getting better with some added tropical plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.