in loving memory/bereavement section

lovebugaphid

just a suggestion to have a bereavement discussion area for members. it's hard losing a pet & many people may not understand our love for our torts. I thought it could be helpful to vent or give support to fellow members during difficult times. we can relate to the terrible guilt & grief following a passing of a beloved shelled friend.

just a suggestion :)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
The suggestion is a good one, however, people do start threads regarding pets that are sick, missing, injured or die. From what I have seen, they get tons of support.
People are able to vent and get the support of many who have been in the same situation.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Thank you for the suggestion, @lovebugaphid ! I like this idea. If the section would get use, I see no reason why we can't add it

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, it's a good idea. However as already mentioned, members will start a thread about their loss, as we do understand the loss of a pet of any kind.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok...here's my opinion:

I think that individual turtles/tortoises will get lost in a thread like this. As it is now, a member's turtle dies, they mention it in a thread, and all the subsequent posts are offering condolences to that particular member. If that member were to mention the loss in a thread such as is proposed here, eventually after several posts, we wouldn't know which animal or member we're talking about. I like it the way it is now.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
The proposal is for a subforum, or dedicated section, not just a single thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh...sorry. I should read more in depth and not just skim. In that case, I like the idea.