improved setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edita

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hello

so, I changed substrate. this is pure moss peat (I grow carnivorous plants :) ) and I gave him some place with soft sand mixed with peat. also separated place with food. measures 90x80...

the wooden shell is over cause he is under the window and since he is sick when the window is open it is good to have him under this.
I will put more stuff in corners so he can hide, I just need to go to my weekend house :) In the only corner you don't see is a basket for him to hide. he likes to sleep inside it (it is opened only on one side)

my little (T.h. hermanni) one is under light (this one is purely for warmth)

P3291806.jpg

should I sprinkle it with water? if so, how often??

any comments are very welcomed :)

thnx

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
I've been reading your posts about your tortoise having trouble seeing. Now that I've seen your set-up I know the problem with your tortoise. :D Your UVB florscent light is way to low and is shining straight into your tortoises eyes. This can greatly affect your tortoises eye sight. You need to raise the light and have it directly over head. The best height is 12 inches above the substrate. You can get a reflector so all the light is focused down.

Danny

Edita

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
wooo

I wouldn't figure that out on my own :( I put it lower cause of heat... it is going higher as we speak. thank you so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.