Im kinda new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
In that I've responded to a few posts, I felt it only proper to introduce myself. I've been involved with reptiles as far as my memories recall. First up a spectacled camen some ill advised pet shop employee thought was a good idea to let a 7 yr. old walk out of the store with. My mom wrote a heart felt letter stating a snake with a set up would be better, and I came home with my first gopher snake.
That was some 40+ yrs. ago, and they have always been in my life. I had a great mom!
I've been president of the local Herpitological Society at one point for 6 yrs. I've had torts since the 1970's when I found a Califonia desert tortoise walking down the street in the suburbs of L. A. , ( does fish and game still give out those license plate stickers for native torts?).
Currently I've got 5 Russian and 2 Sulcata's in my care. I'm in the hills outside of Silverton, Oregon.
All good I've learned is from my cold blooded friends.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Ken!!

Yes, the DFG still gives out stickers for your tortoise.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and uh, with all that info I am a bit sad you did not post pics...lol...we LOVE PICS :p

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hi Ken. Welcome. So, whatever happened to your desert tort?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When my mother became too old to care for the yard, she hired gardeners. Said gardeners felt the need to use roundup and crossbow any chance they had. Huge areas where turned sterile. About the second year she fired them, and hired some new ones, but that was the last time she saw him. Whether he passed or was carried off, I don't know.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
When my mother became too old to care for the yard, she hired gardeners. Said gardeners felt the need to use roundup and crossbow any chance they had. Huge areas where turned sterile. About the second year she fired them, and hired some new ones, but that was the last time she saw him. Whether he passed or was carried off, I don't know.

Too bad. Hopefully, the tort went elsewhere looking for food. We will just believe that.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
He was old when I found him. Larger than a basketball.
It was a great tort yard in the day. Three huge hibiscus, ice plants, yucca and roses with a large, untreated yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.