Ideas for K.homeana incubation this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
zone 7b
So female #44 is digging again. 3rd clutch for 2011. My regular incubation methods have failed this year, I am open to suggestions, comments. Thinking warm and dry for 35 days, then regular incubation methods...
Thanks,

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We use Little Giants, have always been great!

equq0y.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A lot of the folks I talk with, have had their best luck just leaving the eggs in with the hingebacks and just letting them hatch naturally.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Thanks,
She did lay a clutch of four last night.
I have two in my incubator, 83-86F, and two on a shelf in the room, 72-86F. In the two locations, one will get less moisture than the other for 35 days, then I will increase misting on all to what I consider normal using my methods.
Hinge incubated at 82-85F with my regular incubation methods and hatched after four months. Although I believe a 2nd fertile ova died early on under identical conditions.
What sort of hatch rates do others get simply leaving them in situa?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
From the things I have heard from them, they are getting high rates. I would guess near 100%., but I have not compiled the information nor the exact numbers. One of those things on my never ending, ever growing longer backlog list of things I need/want to get done. :( I could use a year of 48 hour days. :cool: :p :D

Also there was a woman (excuse my old memory for not recalling for sure where, but I think it was Florida), who had several clutches that hatched in an outside enclosure. :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.