ID help

brenrn

5 Year Member
Anyone know what this is and if it's safe for my Russian?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That is a tomato plant. We've always said that because it is in the deadly nightshade family it is toxic, however just yesterday or the day before there was a nice thread about this and the consensus was that it really isn't toxic. I'll try to find the link to that thread for you.

1028762jld543t69m.gif

brenrn

5 Year Member
Oh my gosh!!! Too funny! I've been looking at them thinking they were tomatoes but I thought I was crazy because I didn't plant tomatoes this year! I had nice grape tomatoes planted last year but didn't replant them and I ripped this bed apart when we turned it into his habitat LOL! I dug it all out and replaced the soil. I can't believe that somehow the tomatoes came back. I didn't even think it was possible for tomatoes to come back year after year! I'm so mad, before I posted I ripped out two of the plants because I didn't know what they were!

Ideraway

California
Tomatoes will self seed in an area for years, even in a area turned into lawn, very hardy plants.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I have tomatoes, and haven't replanted in 3 years :D That's a nice one! My torts like tomatoes sometimes, but they aren't crazy about the leaves!