I would like some feed back on this posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Last night i came across this ad on craigs list here in Phoenix...as i normally do, i sent an email stating that it is not necessary and is not good to house 2 sulcatas together. I went thru the whole ordeal...Well, let me tell you. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try to give correct information out to people...i got one nasty email. And this morning, i dont know how, but she got my name and posted it on Craig's list. So moral of the story here...be careful...just wanting some input here... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/grd/3887085865.html

MInd you this posting was supposed to be removed...
And i would have put this in a different place but everywhere i tried it said i didn't have permission..

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I saw this yesterday and thought about sending an email myself. Today I also saw a response on Craigslist in regards to the ad. Was that you?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent them an email too. I don't care how nasty they get, they still need to learn a thing or two.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They just want to sell them thats why they are so cheap. Just my opinion .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
You offered unsolicited advice to a stranger, what did you expect?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Someone who has an item for sale has the option of selling his item any way he wants to, and anyway the market accepts it. I think it's wrong for him to say they HAVE to go in pairs, but if he wants to sell them that way, that's his option. To get right down to it, when they are hatchlings, they really do do better in pairs/groups. The problems don't start showing up for several months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
jaizei said:
You offered unsolicited advice to a stranger, what did you expect?

I do it all the time when I see the way they are being housed is wrong. Pellet substrate, no water, bad diet, etc, etc, etc. 99% of the time my unsolicited advice is welcomed. I do try to do it in a very nice way and I don't tell them they are doing it all wrong. I also ask them to check out TFO and to pass on to the new owners the TFO info and the advice I had given. I wish them good luck on rehoming/selling their tortoise. Like I said, 99% of the time a get a nice Thankyou email back.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
They're all pyramided too, someone needed to say something lol

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
First of all. I did tell her that i was happy that she offered 100% money back guarantee and support. If she indeed stands behind it. They are not hatchlings.. there are 3 that are 2 months old the rest are 10 months and older. This lady claimed to be a caring reptile breeder at first, then she stated to be a rescue. To put my personal information on a Craig's list is a very big No-No...my reasons for posting this is your opinion. And to inform others whom try to offer advise. She also claims that male sulcats will not fight until you add a female into the equation..hmmm...or that two sulcatas form a bond and when they are seperated they suffer? How do they suffer? Do they get depressed? Has anyone experience this?

tiff3grl said:
I saw this yesterday and thought about sending an email myself. Today I also saw a response on Craigslist in regards to the ad. Was that you?
Yes, this was me...

Im glad that you guys have sent this lady emails, but now she is sending me emails saying that she is warning me that i am harassing her. Please help me out here. I dont want any legal issues.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Just tell her your bit harassing her, and point out information. She's not doing anything wrong, she wants to sell them in pairs then sell them in pairs. Can't really talk her out of it. No real debate here either, just something that's hard to see, you see this a lot and all we can do is give advice and hope they take it.

Kyle

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I was very nice in the email I sent, in fact she wrote me back and was pleasant as well. I just say let it go....she has her own beliefs and none of us will change that. She did say she will take one back if one starts to show aggression. The only way she will change her mind is if enough get brought back to her.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
tiff3grl said:
I was very nice in the email I sent, in fact she wrote me back and was pleasant as well. I just say let it go....she has her own beliefs and none of us will change that. She did say she will take one back if one starts to show aggression. The only way she will change her mind is if enough get brought back to her.

Wow, I didn't get a reply and I was very nice too. Oh well, if they stand behind their ad, then all should be fine, I hope.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Most of you, other then the people who live here in Phoenix, or the ones that have seen the rescues that TRN rescued last year were just horrible. 90% of our rescues were from the Phoenix area. And that 90% were Sulcatas. They think they are so cute when they are little. After about a month or about 6 months they are no longer fun. After they get too big, or they start to eat too much, they just want to get rid of them. By that time they are deformed, badly abused, and needed attention. I wish i was able to post pics of just a few of them. Needless to say we found homes for them. So, this is why i have agreed to take the time to email some of the "backyard" breeders here so they can be a little better educated and maybe pass it along. To insist that 2 must go together is just perposterous..they do much better alone.

wellington said:
tiff3grl said:

Wow, I didn't get a reply and I was very nice too. Oh well, if they stand behind their ad, then all should be fine, I hope.
That is because she emailed me threatening me. She thinks its me emailing her with different emails.

tiff3grl said:

Im glad you got something back from her. Im glad she didnt think you were me. She wont change her mind. And i bet next year we will see them on CL for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.