Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CRAIGSLIST SULCATA NEEDS HELP

This is not my ad or my tortoise. Just getting the word out for the poor thing.
There is a 3 year old Sulcata on the Chicago's Craigs List. Needs a good home very badly. Terrible pyramiding and MBD. $100.00 tortoise only. A 75 gallon aquarium is also available for $125.00. I can't have a Sulcata, or I would rescue this poor thing. Hoping someone can help him/her out posting ad number 2886272563

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Just saw.an ad.on craigslist for a sulcata in the.Chicago area, he has terrible pyramiding and looks extremely dry:(
I don't know if this is the place to put this but this.looks like life or death for this guy :(

Here is a link to it, http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pet/2886272563.html
I hope someone can help him before it is too late!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yes the poor guy is in rough shape, pyramided and MBD.

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Glendale, AZ
That just breaks my heart to see torts in this kind of shape. Smh. I hope someone picks him/her up soon!

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
People need to.understand how to care for an animal before they get them!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
In all honesty this goes beyond simple care, the people who own this guy should know that a tortoise should not look like that,

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
dmmj said:
In all honesty this goes beyond simple care, the people who own this guy should know that a tortoise should not look like that,:tort:

Amen:tort:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I sent it to my husband. I will see if he denies my request. :p

If there's someone local who could get him and get him to us we could probably take him. We can't make the trip in the near future though :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
We are definitely willing to take him if someone can help get him to us. We wouldn't want any of his equipment, just the tortoise.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RE: CRAIGSLIST SULCATA NEEDS HELP

I saw the add in another thread. Can you help me get him and get him to Michigan? I would get him but I am unable to travel for the next few weekends. I would of course pay for him in full. I don't want his equipment, just the tortoise.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA

wellington said:
This is not my ad or my tortoise. Just getting the word out for the poor thing.
There is a 3 year old Sulcata on the Chicago's Craigs List. Needs a good home very badly. Terrible pyramiding and MBD. $100.00 tortoise only. A 75 gallon aquarium is also available for $125.00. I can't have a Sulcata, or I would rescue this poor thing. Hoping someone can help him/her out posting ad number 2886272563

Ugh just saw it and it made me angry and quesy

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI

i seen that online yesterday what is wrong with ppl? i hope someone on here gets him

jdub

5 Year Member
wow...the guy is very small for a 3 year old. i'd pick him up if he was in the los angeles area. i hope he finds a good owner very soon!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I sent them a very polite educational email because even though he looks bad it sounds like the owner likes him and cares for him so hopefully they look at the link I sent them and I also recommended they join the forum or tell whoever they rehome tthe tortoises too about the information and urge them to join the forum. I hope they listen and improve hhis health and his new owner maintains it

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Well everyone I just emailed him so hopefully I get a reply! I never kept sulcatas before so this is where I am counting on my people on the forum:D

If he is still available I will get him this weekend, first thing is a good warm soak,
Next a good nutritious meal!

Question time,
They make a sulfur powder for soaking turtles that may be sick, would this be good?
What substrate is best?
What is there diet like?
Temps? Humidity?

Thanks everyone!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Snapper925 said:
Well everyone I just emailed him so hopefully I get a reply! I never kept sulcatas before so this is where I am counting on my people on the forum:D

If he is still available I will get him this weekend, first thing is a good warm soak,
Next a good nutritious meal!

Question time,
They make a sulfur powder for soaking turtles that may be sick, would this be good?
What substrate is best?
What is there diet like?
Temps? Humidity?

Thanks everyone!

I so hope you get her. I was freaking out here trying to figure out how to get her, but it makes me so happy that someone else can and will get her.

I would take her to the vet once you get her in case she has any other issues.
Good luck and I hope you can save this little one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.