I will like to adopt

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh21

5 Year Member
I live in Tampa fl I have a 5 month old sulcata and would like to add more family members.

josh21

5 Year Member
Nope still trying.trying to makes good home for tortoise that need more love haha

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
NinjaTortoises said:
Oh ha well you should pm someone, maybe ask Tom or Azsulcata?

They don't adopt, look on CL and check local rescues, and petfinder.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
dmmj said:
They don't adopt, look on CL and check local rescues, and petfinder.

Oh lol i was thinking like they would have an adoption fee :D, yea craigslist has some good breeders but most of them are just there for the money, i would ask them questions judge them by their answers i guess

josh21

5 Year Member
That's good for you I'm happy you love your 4 tortoises I'm waiting to go to the reptile expo next month to pick up 2 more tortoise.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
josh21 said:
That's good for you I'm happy you love your 4 tortoises I'm waiting to go to the reptile expo next month to pick up 2 more tortoise.

Thanks a lot i do and hope you get yours soon :) good luck!

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
josh21 said:
I have a 5 month old sulcata already haha

Oh cool, from what i have read here on the forum, 2 isnt the magic number lol some people say they have issues later on like fighting and other competitive stuff, 3 and on i hear is good, i think one keeps others in check or something else lol

josh21

5 Year Member
I fill you on that. That's why I'm waiting for the expo so I can get 2 more haha I have a sulcata and I want to get a cherry head redfoot and idk wat other one I want to get. Any advise from you

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
My only advice to you, would be to not house the different breeds together. A lot of people have lost torts because they have housed them together. They have different germs that are specific to a certain species and when you mix them they can pick up the others' germs and become sick. Some have died because of this. You will have to make your own decision but that is what I have read. Good Luck!:)

josh21

5 Year Member
Thank you so much I'm going to see what I'm going to do then.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
What she said is good, i did read about different species being housed seperatly because of germs and all that and especially size, i would go for all sulcatas if i wanted to house them together :) and if you dont mind seperate housing and care then do what you want :D

josh21

5 Year Member
I know I have a plan bro the thing with me I want different ones but I'm thinking of getting a red foot tortoise and another sulcata I love building tortoise tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.