I was thinking of removing my third qoute from my line

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I was concerned that newbies might take offense at asking a so called dumb quetiosn if they saw my third qoute on my tag line, so I was thinking of removing it, I don't want anyone to think it applies to them,, I used to use it all the time in conversation but to many people thought I was applying it to them. So remove it or keep it, I do not want to alienate anyone, I can always find another one to replace it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like that quote. I doubt anyone takes it personally. I vote to keep it...But I'm still trying to "get" the, "I feel like a Q without a U" one.

(also, I think the "then" should be changed to "than"........"...than to open your mouth...")

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
I think that 'Q' without 'U' is an old gramatical saying here in english - because 'q' is always followed by 'u' (in 99.99% of cases im sure there is an exception!) so i think he is saying that he feels perhaps half complete, or like he is missing something important. Of course i could be wrong :)

I vote to keep the quote. I doubt anyone takes it personally.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
At first I was afraid to reply:) But with a big courageous sigh, I say keep it. It's a good reminder that we should think before we hit send. I love the Q without a U....does that make you a Qat? (For Scrabble lovers -this is a great Q w/out a U word).

M

Maggie Cummings

I personally think there are too many quotes or sayings after peoples names. I especially hate the lines of reverence to dead animals. I have added my animals to my signature, because I do think that's good when you are giving advice to someone they can look and see how many animals you have almost showing how experienced you are. I have 27 chelonia but just have my cats names and of course...the dreaded...BOB...so for me that doesn't count...

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
When I used quotes, I rotated them. Otherwise, I go through phases of what I add and what I don't. I would not worry about it being taken personally.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I am a big fan of Mark Twain, and probably most of us are familiar with his dry witty style, so I don't think you need to worry too much about scaring away questions with your quote.

What you should worry about are your posts.

(J/K, you have a wonderful sense of humor that Mark Twain would be proud of) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.