I think I Finally have hot humid and dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitmanff

5 Year Member
With help from everyone on here I think I have finally been able to turn my two tortoise tables into a totally enclosed hot, dry, and humid habitat for my little leopard!

I lined the inside with plastic to keep the mold out and to keep moisture in. I then cover tops and sealed any place that was letting heat out!

I'm hoping this will help to correct the pyramiding! Or at least not cause any more!

Here is a picture!

Attachments

• 1379800870057.jpg
    1379800870057.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 139

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Good job! Like you, i got basically ALL of my (correct) care info right here from everyone. One thing, occassionally open up the top and let it air out, air exchange is important. It took me some tinkering, but i got a system set up that runs great. Good luck, and great job.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yay hope you got it. :D. Are both those lights MVB? I ask because 2 may be way too much for that size enclosure. One mvb and one or two, depending, CHE usually work good. However, you know what temps you are getting. Just be sure you read temps from a reliable tool, not those cheap disc things pet stores sell. They usually aren't accurate or reliable. However, we do want it hot and humid. Not dry. Hot and dry, no good. Hot and humid good. :D

waitmanff

5 Year Member
I tried just one and one CHE but it wasn't getting hot n humid enough. But no worries they are both small bulbs for mvb.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What do you use for night time heat? The temps with the right 80% humidity should not drop below 80 and they should be able to have it dark at night, as it would be their normal, as is ours.

waitmanff

5 Year Member
I use two CHE but this is the first day of me setting this up this way. I'm hoping my temps will be the same. But you bring up a good point, I haven't tried the CHE and just one mvb with my new set up, just my old and that wasn't working. I'll give one n one a try and see now if it works.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Looks as though you sealed it up well. :)
Monitor the temps often. Seriously. Now that the holes are patched up you will find changes in the temperatures. So that is your next tweaking project. ;)

I too wonder, what is your night heat source?

Sent from my TFOapp

waitmanff

5 Year Member
I'm using two CHE bulbs.
I will be tweaking stuff it to get the right temps right, but atleast I'm closer than I was!

You have good suggestions on best temperature monitoring devices?

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I use a digital thermometer/hydrometer combo that records 24hr highs and lows. $9 at Walmart. I also have 3 digital temperature probes and a temperature gun ;)
Gotta know it's accurate!

Sent from my TFOapp

waitmanff

5 Year Member
I went and got one! So my temps are doing good! But my humidity is right at 78 degrees. I know its suppose to be 80 or more. I just can't seem to get it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.