I think I am paranoid

ceg827

5 Year Member
I have a 9 month old Leo and I feel like he/she is acting different. I think I am being paranoid - but it is not eating much and when I took it out to let him have a walk around, he just extended it's hind legs and laid there. It could be the weather change in my area, I am hoping an extra soak in warm water will help. Someone tell me that should do it... nothing else looks weird about him.

UGH

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Cary:

When they lay with their legs all extended out it means two things: they're trying to soak up all the UVB they can, and they are trying to expose as much soft tissue as possible to the heat source in order to warm up.

ceg827

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne. So I am right, it seems that the weather changing here may be causing him to be a little cold. he's taking a warm "bath" right now, I am swapping out the water to keep it warm.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Double check your four temps and make adjustments if necessary. You don't want a little leopard getting cold. They can get a respiratory infection. I don't let my small leopards get below 80 day or night. I've never had a sick one.