I Spy Growth Lines!

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Pumpkin has always had a voracious appetite, so I wasn't too surprised when I turned him over after his bath to find that his plastron had some mighty fine growth lines! I have a sneaking suspicion that "he" might actually be a "she" and "she" might turn out to be quite a large female, considering that Pumpkin is heftily sized for his age. But of course it's far too early to tell. Here are some pictures I snapped straight out of the tub!
Pumpkin 7-8-14 Full.jpg
Pumpkin 7-8-14 Back.jpg
Pumpkin 7-8-14 Plastron.jpg
Pumpkin 7-8-14 Bedsheets.jpg

Pumpkin 7-8-14.jpg

How does his shell look to you guys? Anything I should be aware of?

Jami

Absolutely gorgeous tort! How old is Pumpkin?

Jami

He was born on September 8 of last year, so he's just a couple months shy of his first birthday
Wow! He's big! How big was he when you got him? I just got my new hermanns hatchling today.

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Michigan
I just got Pumpkin a few months ago, so he wasn't exponentially smaller. I think he's only grown about 0.75 of a centimeter in length. He's a big guy, or so a few people have told me, haha. :)

Jami

I just got Pumpkin a few months ago, so he wasn't exponentially smaller. I think he's only grown about 0.75 of a centimeter in length. He's a big guy, or so a few people have told me, haha. :)
Well, then looks like having him agrees with both of you!

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Michigan
I can only hope he feels comfortable in my care. I certainly try to do the best for him. If nothing else he seems to dig he food I give him. ;)

Best of luck to you with your new hatchling! I saw a picture of him and he looks awfully cute. I can't get enough of the little ones.

Jami

I can only hope he feels comfortable in my care. I certainly try to do the best for him. If nothing else he seems to dig he food I give him. ;)

Best of luck to you with your new hatchling! I saw a picture of him and he looks awfully cute. I can't get enough of the little ones.
Thanks. My first hatchling died. So this is extra special for me...