I SCARED MY BABYS GOING TO DIE :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
Please anything at all will help. I'm so scared I'm going to loose him. He's not moving at all and I don't know what else to do. His temps are fine I have triple checked them. I'm soaking him 3 times a day and I have to force feed him. He's only had 0.1cc today and the doc fed him yesterday. Please help. Even if you say I need to chant and dance please help

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
sometimes there is nothing more you can do.. Hatchlings are heartbreakers... we see it all the time...
but remind us of what you have going... age, diet,, calcium, where did you get the baby, sunshine?

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Ok he is about 4 months old I got him from a reptile and fish place called vets pets in el cajon CA. I have had him for about 5 weeks and he hasn't been eating well since I got him. I hav exo terra multi vitamin which has a ton of stuff in it including calcium. I live in a apartment so I he doesn't really go outside but I have a uvb/uva heat lamp its on 10-12 hrs a day under tank heater on 24/7 soaks 3 times a day in warm water with his multi vitamin in it I have tried soaking him in water mix with carrot mash (home made baby food stuff). His temps are at cool: 75-80 hot: 90-95 hot spot: 98-100

Night temp is 75-80

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Like Laura stated, sometimes there is nothing you can do. I would try some of the stuff on the thread I posted in my last post on here. Other then trying that, I'm not sure there is anything else you can do. Lots of hatchlings are lost do to improper care before we get them. Sometimes, they just weren't meant to be. Wishing a big turn around with your little one. Fingers crossed.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
He is fed 3 different typs of grasses (angel tears, wheat & fescue) hybiscuss daisy basil( never ate it) xmas cactus (only ate it once) clover (didn't eat it) dandilion greens (by pet store wouldn't eat it when I tried) romain (once he stoped eating)
I think that's it

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
did you try spring mix?
since he hasnt eaten well since you him,, i think he wasnt well then.. you should take him back there or call them and ask if others have had issues or how were they raised.
can you get a hold of some Mazuri?

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Oh the doc gave me critical care fine grind by Ox Box Animal health

Idk about mazuri I haven't really looked I haven't given him spring mix cause I grow grass and stuff for him

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds like you got a typical dry raised one. How often was he soaked before you got him? What substrate was he on? What did he weigh when you got him?

Once they are at a certain point, no one and nothing can bring them back. Sadly, if they are dehydrated as babies you can't tell that they reached that point of no return months ago.

At least now you know what questions to ask...

Sorry I don't have good news for you.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
I don't know how often he was soaked the pet place I got him from have the "low humidity" idea and I don't know about the breeder :-( I appreciate the straight answer though thank you
He's just so little he doesn't deserve to die like this

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
You can get a small bag of Mazuri at LLL Reptile. I have only been to their Escondido store so I know they have it there. So sorry you have to go through this.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Im just about out or I'd mail you a baggie of it to have on hand... anyone else have a handful to send ? Mazuri..

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Sad for you, I hope your baby does better soon.
I agree with Tom, about warm humid environment as a baby. The reptile house at the Zoo here is always hot with a comfortable humidity.
Where ever you buy a animal or fish, it has always been, buyer beware!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
looneybug said:
I keep him warm and humid but I think he might have been raised to dry from the breeder

If this is the case, I am sorry. I've been working hard to eliminate this problem for many years now. Obviously, the new info has not reached the breeder of yours yet. Keep trying the baby food soaks and warm temps. Some of them pull through.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Thank you every one I will keep you updated and I know pretty much every thing has been said but if any one thinks of any thing else please post I really appreciate it

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am so so sorry you and the little one have to go thru this!
Good luck and hang in there.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Im so very sorry your little one is so very sick. I hope he pulls thru. I hope he doesnt suffer any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.