I really want an aldabra tortoise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
I am considering getting an aldabra tortoise here eventually, and would love to get one soon. Ive worked with them in the zoo's ive worked at and fell in love with their personalities. I know theres a guy on here (greg? aldabraman?) and would love to talk to you if you see this, or anyone else that can give me some more information on prices and such, as i know they sell for big money but im willing to pay as im also getting some radiated tortoises soon. Any information will help thanks!!
-joby

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read through, if you haven't ALDABRAMAN's thread. Also search on the top of TFO in the search thread Aldabra's and you will find a few other threads of aldabra owners and there is a care sheet as well. Good luck

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
They are awesome, and they require lots of space food and attention :)
Congrats..

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
jobeanator said:
I am considering getting an aldabra tortoise here eventually, and would love to get one soon. Ive worked with them in the zoo's ive worked at and fell in love with their personalities. I know theres a guy on here (greg? aldabraman?) and would love to talk to you if you see this, or anyone else that can give me some more information on prices and such, as i know they sell for big money but im willing to pay as im also getting some radiated tortoises soon. Any information will help thanks!!
-joby

I sent you an e-mail. Use [email protected].

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Laura said:
and a warm climate! are you moving south?
I'd LOVE an Aldabra... but I need to work out how we can emigrate to warmer climes before one is practical...

It's all very well putting Joe in the fridge to hibernate, but an Aldabra wouldn't fit even if they did hibernate :D )And I've got a back problem, so lifting it it would be an issue too ;))

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
Ive done some research on them, and i love the fact they grow gigantic. Ive worked with some at zoos and love their personality. I do eventually plan on living down south, possibly florida in the future. aldabraman- plan on sending you a email now and i want know all your knowledge you know!

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
Hey I know this update should of been quicker but I've been beyond busy with everything at work and graduating college. I have possibly a aldabra on the way as a little gift to myself for finishing college. I'll try to keep everyone updated!
-Joby

Status
Not open for further replies.