I need to find a home fot LaRue

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyonesusanna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Caroline,Va.
Hi I have a 7 going on 8 year old Sulcata that I need to find a home for. The man at the pet store told us nothing about my sons new pet just what to feed it and tank temp, and that it will be a great pet. Well each year it grows and grows. So I started looking for a picture with info of our pet on the net to see how big he will get and what kind of turtle he was... Well I found out that our pet WAS NOT a turtle but a Sulcata Tortoises and it gets BIG!!! :tort: I need to find a good home for her fast... Please if anyone could help me...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Under her username, it says she is in Caroline, Virginia.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Biff Malibu said:
Facepalm.

If that's what I think it is, then LOL.

Hi there, I'm sorry the seller you bought the animal from did not tell you it was going to become a giant. That seems to be a common theme among people who get sulcatas from pet stores. I live in Florida, and I've recently seen maybe 12 large sulcatas listed on Craig's List that need new homes because they have either outgrown their current ones or the owners are moving up north and don't want to have to figure out how to overwinter a giant tortoise in freezing temps.

Do you not have a yard you could keep it in? There are a lot of people on here who have built outdoor enclosures for theirs that don't cost a ton of money...

Either way, good luck.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
You can put it on craigslist and I am sure someone will want it or you can put it under the for sale page on this forum You might get more of a response. Good Luck!:)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I would try our forum before Craigslist. I feel that he or she would have a chance at a better life if someone from the forum would get the great Sulcata. Best of luck!

onlyonesusanna

5 Year Member
Caroline,Va.
jpmcclure said:
The forum needs more info on your location, and a pic if you can.

lol I tried to put a pic up but it went to the photo gallery along with my first post.. im new at this so it will take me some time.. sorry about the forms,

onlyonesusanna

5 Year Member
Caroline,Va.
shellysmom said:
Biff Malibu said:
Facepalm.

If that's what I think it is, then LOL.

Hi there, I'm sorry the seller you bought the animal from did not tell you it was going to become a giant. That seems to be a common theme among people who get sulcatas from pet stores. I live in Florida, and I've recently seen maybe 12 large sulcatas listed on Craig's List that need new homes because they have either outgrown their current ones or the owners are moving up north and don't want to have to figure out how to overwinter a giant tortoise in freezing temps.

Do you not have a yard you could keep it in? There are a lot of people on here who have built outdoor enclosures for theirs that don't cost a ton of money...

Either way, good luck.

we do have a large yard but we also rent. I was going to get my husband to put an enclosure up but the owner said no. so now im on here..

tifftortoise

5 Year Member
How big is she? I am in nc. My in laws live near va border. I could possibly manage that drive.

onlyonesusanna

5 Year Member
Caroline,Va.
tifftortoise said:
How big is she? I am in nc. My in laws live near va border. I could possibly manage that drive.

im sorry LaRue is going to TX on Tuesday. but thanks for asking...

onlyonesusanna

5 Year Member
Caroline,Va.
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Your poor son :( why not get him a Russian tortoise? They stay relatively small. :)

Well my son is now 15 and he is all about school now, so we are going to get something around 40lbs now. Like a dog or maybe a cat.. lol I know its a big jump. But the good news is LaRue will be going to TX to live. We ship her out on Tuesday. UPS has it all.... From Va to TX next day drop of is only 134.00 so im happy..:D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
onlyonesusanna said:
Well my son is now 15 and he is all about school now, so we are going to get something around 40lbs now. Like a dog or maybe a cat.. lol I know its a big jump. But the good news is LaRue will be going to TX to live. We ship her out on Tuesday. UPS has it all.... From Va to TX next day drop of is only 134.00 so im happy..:D

Well that's good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.