I Need Help!!

Kirin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chino, CA
I have worked so hard on my garden in my entry way. It has taken awhile for the baby tears to fill in and cover all the ground. Now that summer is upon us, I get caterpillars and slugs in this area eating up the baby tears. I was hoping that someone here knows a natural way in keeping these pests out of my garden. I never use any kind of chemicals in my yard ever. I only use natural ingredients when I spray for bugs. I was thinking of maybe putting garlic pieces around all over to help keep them out, but not sure it would work. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Get a saucer and fill it with beer. The slugs go in there and drown.

You can try food grade diatomaceous earth too, however, I've not had much luck with that.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I just pick them out of the areas I don't want them and give them to the box turtles. :) I really have no answer for you, but I wanted to comment on how beautiful your little garden is. :)

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I agree with Yvonne. You can sprinkle salt around the slugs to kill them and then put the powder. Also make a mix of water and salt to spay on the caterpillar and kill them (spray it where you see them)

London my lovely Sulcata tortoise :0))