I love my little guy <3

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
It's amazing how much you can love a little reptile …

I remember it well, the day I got Scooter … I was at Petsmart (probably the worlds worst place to buy a tortoise) and on a lark I crouched down to look at the bottom tank of tortoises (I had no intention of buying an animal) … Scooter locked eyes with me from under his log hide and he scuttled out to stare at me face to face … I said aloud "You're coming with me!"

That was 2007 and he still bares pyramiding that I can't seem to shake … No matter what I try …

What's your tortoise story? Do you have a funny story of how you got your tort?

Highly individual, Scooter gives in to an occasional snuggle with me and a heating pad …

1800436_10152845321905874_1442012198968760635_n.jpg

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
I know what you mean, our little Sheldon knew it was his chance to
get out of the reptile store when I looked in his tank, he was walking around like he was showing himself off ! I thought he looked great and not shy. I called over to my husband, to tell him I knew which
one to get, then my husband came to the front of the tank & Sheldon
walked straight to the front glass. Like he knew he belonged somewhere else, not there.
Even though they are different from us, some can still find a way
to communicate in their own subtle ways !
Great pic of Scooter !

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
My very first tortoise was a baby Russian tortoise given to me by my daughter for Mothers Day. I now have 13 Russian tortoises of different ages (7 are adults), 3 Desert Tortoises and 2 Stinkpot turtles. I am now obsessed with tortoises LOL.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I just knew I wanted a redfoot tortoise, but I didn't get mine at petsmart or petco it was just a petstore that had one Redfoot. I walked in & went right to the area where the reptiles would be & the worker let me look at my soon to be tortoise :) I wanted to make sure that the eyes & nose were clear & I saw her walk around. I couldn't wait anymore, I wanted her & that was in 2008. I named her Big Red. Then I went to the same pet store and did a repeat in 2009 & got my other redfoot. Her name is Speedy. Both of them were not babies, they were older, maybe 5 yrs old. Then in 2010 I was at a petstore with a friend about 40 min from home & I saw this cute Redfoot, maybe 2 years old or so. I was like man I want that tortoise. I drove home & I kept thinking of that tortoise!!! It drove me crazy, I drove all the way back to the pet store to get that tortoise!! I named that one Junior. Then at a different petstore I got flapjack as a tiny baby in 2011 :) Lastly, I have always wanted cherry heads, & I got them from a breeder on the forum @N2TORTS just about 2 months ago. I just love all my torts!!