I lost one of my best friends today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Today is a very sad day for me. I have been working very hard on my new greenhouse/aldabra enclosure buildings. One of my best friends Lambo had an unfortunate accident that has just put me to tears and I cannot stop blaming myself for what had happened earlier today. I needed to go back to home depot to get more insulation and he was out and about as usuall of a farm dog. Well he ran right under my truck and slipped as its been raining and the rest was all a sad goodbye to him.

I got him 3 months ago from an agility breeder to become a companion for my other 10 year old australian shepard that watches over the tortoises in the fenced in enclosures. During the day I let them do their farm dog thing, well this time it was very sad and It hurts my heart to be writing this and I still cant believe this has happened. he was only 8 months old, and was very loved and just a beautiful piece of my life and gaurdian of my conservation work. He didnt deserve this.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that Kelly .....RIP for your pal ... and some comfort and helpful thoughts during this time ...

JD~:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG I am so sorry for you:( I know how it feels to loose a puppy, the saddest and hardest to have to go through. All I can say that I hope will help, at least a little, you know he had a great life with you and was loved deeply. RIP Lambo

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh, Kelly my heart goes out to you! I'm so sorry:(

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
This is very hard. My senior agility dog lil B wont leave his grave. I burried him next to the aldabra house so he can still watch over them if I get some soon. He was so innocent, I hate the unfortunate times of accidents to the innocent loving, never argueing, complaining, always living to make your smile and comforted. This really sucks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh Kelly, after reading how this horrible accident happened, I feel even worse for you. I wish words had the magical power to heal hearts, but sadly they lack that ability. *hugs*

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So sorry to hear of your loss. Just know that people really care and feel for you here at this forum. We may never meet you, but we know of your experience and connect with you! Loss is always hard, especially when it's an innocent, loving animal. We are here for you--know that. Sibi

tortadise said:
This is very hard. My senior agility dog lil B wont leave his grave. I burried him next to the aldabra house so he can still watch over them if I get some soon. He was so innocent, I hate the unfortunate times of accidents to the innocent loving, never argueing, complaining, always living to make your smile and comforted. This really sucks.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I'm very sorry for your loss. It was a freak accident though, absolutely not your fault. At least don't feel that you are responsible.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I am so sorry brother, RIP. My dog is my most loyal companion and i can relate to your loss!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I appreciate everyones condolensces. Its still hard to fathom what happened. Hes in a better place without accidents now.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. I put down both of my dogs this year and it really isnt an easy thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.