I have A new adoption and need help...

vimes1984

Location (City and/or State)
Manorhamilton
I've just adopted this 5 to 6 year old Hermann's tortoise, she/he came with what is pictured which I think is pretty bad...

Does anyone have a trusted care sheet ?

I have 6 acres and two 500 mtr2 greenhouses to house her outside in the summer if possible ( I live in Ireland though so am unsure if the temps are ok).

But I'm looking to purchase or build an indoor enclosure as well so any advice is Very very welcome, this is my first tortoise but not my only herp I currently house a veiled chameleon and dart frogs ...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Picture didn't post. However we do have a good caresheet. She can stay outside 24/7 as long as temps don't drop below 60 and there is a place for her to warm up whether be the sun or a basking light.
The inside enclosure needs to be a minimum of a 4x8 foot.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would stop using the Coil bulb. They are meant to hang horizontal and can cause eye damage if hung vertical. Plus it looks to close.
I would add onto the enclosure you have or build one. Most prefabbed ones will not be big enough. You can also look outside the box and into raised garden beds. I have also bought pop up green houses as enclosures.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
For outdoor enclosure, make sure your tort cannot dig out from the bottom, and have a screen top to protect from predators (hawks, crows, raccoon, oppossum....). Beautiful tortoise, it looks like a Western one.