I got what i wanted to finish my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
I got it today that's all I need to help me clean my tank ten times better Thank the LORD :D

Attachments

• image-3992764930.png
    image-3992764930.png
    928.6 KB · Views: 56

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Thanks Anthony, Thank the LORD because I'm done because i got what I need to clean my tank easier without a using buckets :D lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Awesome....so I use to have my tank in a place where I could run the syphon out a window...that was awesome....well, had to move the tank to a better location, now, back to the bucket....uggghhhh :p But I went out and purchased a much better filter system, so the water needs to be tended to much less often....YAY :p

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ascott said:
Awesome....so I use to have my tank in a place where I could run the syphon out a window...that was awesome....well, had to move the tank to a better location, now, back to the bucket....uggghhhh :p But I went out and purchased a much better filter system, so the water needs to be tended to much less often....YAY :p

get a pond or canaser filter they are the best im trying to get one here very soon from aunt that has a pond filter.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I agree, the canister ones are awesome....years ago I use to run a couple of 200 gallon aquariums and each had two canister set up....was a pain to clean with clearing the filter then adding the diatomaceous earth just right, back then I kept fish....then went on vacation once and an aunt of mine came to watch the house and unplugged my power strip to plug in the vacum cleaner...then went on about her day (forgot to plug back in) and came back to find all fish floating---I had some pretty fish.....was devastated so emptied both tanks and gave them to my uncle who keeps RES's (now, a 200 gallon tank and those same canister set ups are on my wish list for when I go back to work :p:p:p) My two RES's are happy in their home and happy for the new filter and we talked and they are ok with waiting...LOL, okay so I talked and they came up and looked at me while I talked....likely hoping for a treat....LOL :p

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
LOL i hear ya ascott and thanks for sharing :D

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Oooh, yes, I could never have a tank without a gravel vac! I have one just designed for small (i.e. 5-10 gal) tanks, but it still beats buckets. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a more appropriately sized gravel vac, too, once I save up enough money to get my little RES a 75 gal.

When the turtles I was pet-sitting went home and it came time to move mine into his own tank, I decided the filter was the most important part, and got that first. ~$150 for a brand new Magnum 350 Pro canister filter. HOLY CRAP, good filters are expensive! So expensive that I couldn't afford a tank at the same time on my measly paycheck, so instead he's stuck in a spare 20 gal. So now I have 100 gallons' worth of filtration on a 20 gallon tank. Hey, at least it keeps the tank nice 'n sparkly clean! (I even worry sometimes that my snail may be starving... lol) :p It'll be REALLY nice, once I have him in the big tank, to have that strong filtration, though. Won't have to constantly stress about keeping the filter de-gunked, especially with just one little turtle, that's for sure! :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We were tired of the water changes so we bought a canister filter, cost a little be more but the job it does keeping the water clean and clear was well worth it... Good luck with your tank...

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Thanks guys and Austin and you are right. I'm going to get a canister filter here some time The LORD is Helping us all :D

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
I really wish the LORD would help me get some hatchlings with the turtles I'm going to buy early next spring. I want to try to grow some babies of my own. If HE can't help, no one can.
claple2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.