I don't understand how people don't like tortoises?!

aundreagwen

I can understand how some people do not like animals, what I can not understand is why peope harm them. If you don't like them and leave them alone I could not care less. I don't really like cats, but if one showed up freezing and starving on my doorstep they would be in my home in a heartbeat.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I can understand how some people do not like animals, what I can not understand is why peope harm them. If you don't like them and leave them alone I could not care less. I don't really like cats, but if one showed up freezing and starving on my doorstep they would be in my home in a heartbeat.
except for chihuahuas of course. :) just kidding I would help out a chihuahua If one showed up like that.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Last year on New Years it was freezing cold outside and I was driving home from a party with my friend. We saw a yellow lab on the side of the road trying to get up. I screamed at my friend to pull over. The lab had been hit and left there to die in the freezing cold. When he saw me he started wagging his tail but couldn't get up. In heels and little dresses we lifted the huge dog into the back seat. There was a little Chihuahua frozen solid out there too. We put them both in the back and blasted the heater on the way home. I just remember it was so so cold. I was holding the labs head and talking to him while he looked at me, he was hurting pretty bad. I think he felt safe and happy he was with someone. He seemed so thankful with me petting him and not alone on the cold street. I watched him take his last breathes and gave up in my hands. I had never seen a dog die before. It broke my heart. He had tried so hard. He was a good dog. We called the animal shelter and the chihuahua was pronounced paralyzed and put down. I can't help but think if the person who hit them would have stopped that lab might still be alive. People just don't care. They simply don't care.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Last year on New Years it was freezing cold outside and I was driving home from a party with my friend. We saw a yellow lab on the side of the road trying to get up. I screamed at my friend to pull over. The lab had been hit and left there to die in the freezing cold. When he saw me he started wagging his tail but couldn't get up. In heels and little dresses we lifted the huge dog into the back seat. There was a little Chihuahua frozen solid out there too. We put them both in the back and blasted the heater on the way home. I just remember it was so so cold. I was holding the labs head and talking to him while he looked at me, he was hurting pretty bad. I think he felt safe and happy he was with someone. He seemed so thankful with me petting him and not alone on the cold street. I watched him take his last breathes and gave up in my hands. I had never seen a dog die before. It broke my heart. He had tried so hard. He was a good dog. We called the animal shelter and the chihuahua was pronounced paralyzed and put down. I can't help but think if the person who hit them would have stopped that lab might still be alive. People just don't care. They simply don't care.
people? Some people don't some people do you did something great for that dog he didn't die alone sometimes that's all we can do for them. As much as I dislike chihuahuas I would not have left it behind

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I have a friend that says he is really freaked out by how torts can suck their head and limbs in haha
Also he says he is also freak out by some birds and the weird jerky way they move their heads :D
I recommended therapy. I have no clue what that could stem from. Too many scary movies as a kid.
Hahahahaha!!!!!! That's seriously funny :)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
It's terribly sad, however it's very true. That story breaks my heart :(