I did a photo shoot with baby Sriracha

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I do photography as hobby and decided to do a mini photo shoot with my sulcata. I submitted one to the calendar contest and here are the rest. Hope you like.

_DSC9585.jpg

_DSC9605.jpg

_DSC9614.jpg

_DSC9621.jpg

_DSC9634.jpg

_DSC9645.jpg

_DSC9664.jpg

_DSC9600.jpg

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I saw and voted for your submission, as I was once a photog student, camera was stolen, now I draw. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(I submitted the monster Sully raiding the fridge) [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
That's Oliver, he sorta does what he wants to. Guess you can when you are a 50 lb tortoise!!

Your pictures are beautiful! Exactly my style. I also love sepia and b/w. I go for simple with good composition....or texturing. Nice work!!!

PS: Love the name, favorite sauce as well, however, I refer to it as "**** Sauce" but that gets me in trouble on occasion. But since I'm 41, I sorta do what I feel. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, I k ew it was professionally done! I too voted for you baby. I said next year I was gonna try and get a professional pic done on my sullies. Your pic was the first I noticed, aside from mine which was the first posted on the contest, hurray!

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
SenjiSandy said:
I saw and voted for your submission, as I was once a photog student, camera was stolen, now I draw. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(I submitted the monster Sully raiding the fridge) [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
That's Oliver, he sorta does what he wants to. Guess you can when you are a 50 lb tortoise!!

Your pictures are beautiful! Exactly my style. I also love sepia and b/w. I go for simple with good composition....or texturing. Nice work!!!

PS: Love the name, favorite sauce as well, however, I refer to it as "**** Sauce" but that gets me in trouble on occasion. But since I'm 41, I sorta do what I feel. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

HAHA hilarious my wife will love it when I start calling her **** Sauce. I cant wait for Sriracha to be as big as Oliver!

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
morloch said:
Wow,,, are you for hire??!

Possibly but where are you? .. Im in Dallas, Tx area. What are you wanting to shoot? Ive done professional shoots such as sports action or senior pics. The tortoise thing was for fun. I do photography mostly for hobby now though as my full time job and kids eat up most of my time.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Can you repeat that shoot but make feet the subject? Particularly hind feet! OH MY DOG! Sulcata feet are the best!

I have a whippet breeder friend that did a photo book on her whippets feet...it was beautiful...all b/w and adorable...lots of interesting shading

shaf1457

5 Year Member
Ohio
Awesome job on the photo shoot!!!! You had my wife ahhhing at quite a few of the pics!

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
SenjiSandy said:
Can you repeat that shoot but make feet the subject? Particularly hind feet! OH MY DOG! Sulcata feet are the best!

I have a whippet breeder friend that did a photo book on her whippets feet...it was beautiful...all b/w and adorable...lots of interesting shading

Definitely... I do want to do a shoot of the back little feet. Very cute.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Those should definitely be in the calendar. Absolutely beautiful pictures. I'm jealous. :D

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
Candy said:
Those should definitely be in the calendar. Absolutely beautiful pictures. I'm jealous. :D

I think it would be lots of fun to have everyone bring in there tortoises and do a full blown photoshoot for a calendar. I have all the gear necessary.

morloch

5 Year Member
Too bad,,!!! Im in canada,, but you did a fantastic job!! When Morlochs bigger I might just get a photographer!! Thank you though!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Fantastic shots. My husband is a photographer, but he won't shoot animals :( boo, sniff
I admit I absolutely voted for your little one. Loved the composition and the shot is so perfectly focused. I kept blowing it up to look at the details. You are very talented and had a great little subject to work with!