I.D please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I just saw an advert on an advertising site in Dubai, called Dubizzle....I just came across this advert to give away these two torts, with this pic attached. Just interested to see if anyone can tell what type they are from the pic? I'm trying to find out why the "owner" is giving them away - I find it very hard to trust these ads now days seeing as though Nick & I were scammed before. Im not interested in adopting these myself, but was just curious.

Thanks in advance ! :DTorts Dubizzle.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Shelber10 - I'm pretty unhappy about how they look in the pic, their enclosure is desert sand and the food is on the sand! EEK!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
:( Poor little ones. It looks very dry in the enclosure with the sand only and it must not taste yummi with all the sand on their food.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wanted to say "greek" too, however I was unsure because of the flare along the bottom of the one on the left. So I was thinking "marginated." But more than likely they are Greek. Sure wish Danny were here. I miss his id'ing.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I agree Yvonne, Danny we need you :). I have a greek that has a flare to him like the one in the pic. Though there is a chance that one is a Marginated. I still say Greek. but we will have to wait to make sure.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
The one on the right looks like Greek to me too,although the one on the left does not, it is not common with Greeks unless its a deformity..

desertsss

5 Year Member
Yay, I might be getting better at this. My first guess would have been Greek. :p

Stazz

5 Year Member
I thought they may be Greeks too !!!! I wish I had loads of money to help out these torts, but I can't, no space :(
And this place isn't very tort oriented, they can't even say the word TORTOISE properly. I wish I could help them :(

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They look like greeks. what subspecies only one man will know... he goes by the name danny

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah true !!!! I've been searching for tortoise rescues here in Dubai, but none :( And the guy hasn't even replied to me on the advert. i would actually buy them and give them to a good home!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
bikerchicspain, some Greeks do have marginals that flare, it is not a prevalent trait but not a deformity either. and he/she could also be a cross between a Greek and a marginated.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I stand corrected Robyn, I don't get to actually see many Greeks as they are illegal here what i know is from experience and reading, so most of the Greeks i get to see are Spanish and Moroccan ones...I need to read more....

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They are both Greeks Stace :D

The top left one is a Jordanian greek

The bottom right one is an Antakyan/Jordanian cross

Yes some Greeks flare quite a bit and it can be diagnostic as to what subspecies they are.

Danny

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Danny ! It seems I have researched this for no reason though :( The moron giving them away has never got back to me, I've sent him a million emails. Excuse the moron part. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.