PLease help me I.D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hiya guys !!!

My uncle and his fiance in California found this little guy, not sure where...not sure of much info, but wanted to get a proper I.D of him/her so i can give them the basic care for now. I'll also get them to join on here.

Phone pics, sorry!

61795_1461218005157_1074641605_31111319_4188836_n.jpg

60218_1461216725125_1074641605_31111317_4464862_n.jpg

I've also told them to put up lost posters around their neighbourhood just in case. But with no pic of course !!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It is a Desert tortoise, Gopherus agassizi, Stace :)

Danny

moswen

5 Year Member
make sure they didn't "rescue it" from the wild, it's illegal to own desert torts without a permit! looks like a desert tort to me as well.

Stazz

5 Year Member
They live in Folsom, CA I think.
I thought as much about the permit, hence why I came to ask !

Oh and thanks everyone, good guesses for those that guessed, and Thanks Danny !! Can always count on your eye :D

Ok so chatted to Laura, and figured out that because they're in Folsom, they need a permit for this little guy.
Anyone know of the rescue close by to there? Any idea on how easy itis to get a permit? Or should I just rather suggest they pass him on to rescue?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Ok so is there a rescue in Sacramento Laura? I can't seem to find any info on the forum about it. Will try google :)

All I could find online was this:
Sacramento Turtle and Tortoise Club
President: Felice Rood
25 Starlit Circle
Sacramento, CA 95831
(916) 421-1134

So I sent it to Patricia and told her to contact them and tell them she found a desert tortoise, and ask them if she can take it to a desert rescue or what she can do.

Hopefully she does this ! Its actually my moms sister Anne, her ex husband and his new fiance that found it...aunt and uncle just was easier to explain haha, so I don't know her all too well.

HAPPY NEWS !!!!!

When Patricia found "Stanley", the first thing she did was call animal control and report him missing, as well as a few vets in the area.
After all my research and emails to her haha, she got a call from an alert saying that Stanley, who's real name is Stanley (freaky!) has a home, and its a lady who lives down the road !! A woman who runs a pet store, and who apparently has a permit ! What a happy story. Thank the Lord Patricia saved him !!! And she's now convinced shes psychic cos she named him Stanley when his name is really Stanley haha.

Thanks everyone !

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
THat sac rescue place,, yep that is one here in the area.. I dont think she can give permits, but she sure could tell you where to go! :)
She might even be on here.. ;-)
SO glad it turned out good.. and Stanley is now home. Weird how that worked out.. thats not the most common name..

M

Maggie Cummings

I believe emysemys can give permits. It's really easy, all you do is fill out a form. I'd PM Yvonne and I know she can help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.