I can't find where I asked a question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I asked a question about a hide in someones thread, but I don't know where it is. It was in the enclosers area and it was a little while ago. I forgot that I asked and just remembered. It was about a hide that was in someones encloser. It looked like a man made log that little torts can go into, and there was a hole in one side. I was asking if it was safe because I seen one in a Wal-mart and was going to buy one, but it said that there was some pine in it.

If anyone knows or remembers the question please help. I was looking all over the encloser threads to see if I could find it but no luck.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Oh no not that question. It was one about a type of hide that I seen in a picture that was located in the eclosures area.

But thank you for trying :)

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Usually the hides made out of wood that you buy in the pet stores have been cured, so the pine oil would not be a problem. They have to cure them otherwise the bark falls off.

Yvonne

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
If you go to your profile and click on find all posts. Then it will list every post you have made. You can search the list and find when you asked the question. I would look for you but you would know best which was the post you are looking for.

Dawna

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi Jamie, this is the question I believe http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5829.html?highlight=edible+hide your post was #12
I have been using these hides for 2 years now and had no problems with them at all. I get them at Wal-Mart and they carry them in two sizes small and large (large is big enough for my adult Greeks). I have even hot glued sponges to the tops without problems of mold. You just can't get them really, really wet like in a sprinkler or rain as they will flatten and you can not reshape them. Though I do mist mine and wet the sponge daily. These are by ‘8 in 1’ brand and made out of alfalfa and golden honey.. They are really high to discourage climbing by hatchlings, and I have never had any of the torts try and eat them. Plus they are really hard so I think if they even tried they would not succeed. The 8 in 1 brand does not list pine as an ingredient.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Crazy1 said:
Hi Jamie, this is the question I believe http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5829.html?highlight=edible+hide your post was #12
I have been using these hides for 2 years now and had no problems with them at all. I get them at Wal-Mart and they carry them in two sizes small and large (large is big enough for my adult Greeks). I have even hot glued sponges to the tops without problems of mold. You just can't get them really, really wet like in a sprinkler or rain as they will flatten and you can not reshape them. Though I do mist mine and wet the sponge daily. These are by ‘8 in 1’ brand and made out of alfalfa and golden honey.. They are really high to discourage climbing by hatchlings, and I have never had any of the torts try and eat them. Plus they are really hard so I think if they even tried they would not succeed. The 8 in 1 brand does not list pine as an ingredient.

Wow, you found it Crazy1!!! Thank you so much (and everyone else that replied). That is what I was wondering. It does look like something neat for a little tort to hide in. I was looking at the bigger size also for Bowser, always have to go with the big size for him. I'll have to check to see if it was the 8 in 1 brand also.

I just want to be safe about what I put in with Bowser. I must be getting paranoid.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm hunting for a job (good times).

Thanks again :)

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.