Bowser's new indoor encloser!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Here are some pics of Bowser, my 1 1/2 year old sulcata, in his new encloser. It is 6'x 3'.

This pic shows the left side. Here he has his cave, which is one of his hides; his food dish, which has his favorite in it; a little rock that he likes to sit by and the side where his heat lamp is (at the moment).
BOWSERSAREALEFTSIDE.jpg

Here is the right side. It has his coconut hide; his water dish, which he is in; and a mini aligator skull (it's fake), he always tries to climb into its mouth (weird).
BOWSERSAREARIGHTSIDE.jpg

And here is a top view of everything.....
BOWSERSAREATOP.jpg

Under neath the bedding, which is Timothy hay, is vinal flooring. It matches the kitchen. It works great underneath the hay. Big thanks to my dad for helping me!!!

All I'm doing now is finding spots for the heat lamps and then I'm finished.

Hope that you enjoyed :D

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It looks great Jamie :) Bowser though will need more light than just the hot spots. I would get an inexpensive 4 foot shop light for the enclosure.

Danny

jtpaintball5

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Bowser looks kinda small. Is he really a full year and a half years old?! Its a Sulcata right?

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
SulcataDud3 said:
Can your Sulcata fit into that coconut hide? :p

He can at the moment, but he is quickly growing to big for it. We have had to make the hole bigger so he could get inside. He still prefers the cave over the coconut. But he has his moment when he'll sleep in the coconut.

Yep, he is a Sulcata and yes he is a year and a half old. I've had him since he was a week old. I'm not sure how big sulcatas should be at that age. I heard that different sulcatas sizes varies. He is now twice the size of when I got him. I'll measure him to get his new length. Maybe he looks small because he is in a big enviroment and he is laying in a really big water dish. I wanted to make everything big so while he grows this area will still be a good size for him, whenever I need to bring him inside.

I'm still working on the lighting. A 4 foot shop light sound like a good idea. The pics were taken at night so it looks pretty dark, but his area is on a porch and there are windows surounding the whole thing. It gets really bright in there. Thank you for the suggestion Danny. ;)

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

ruanda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Portugal
:cool: Nice enclosure! ;);)

(But please, don't forget UVB light, it's really necessary for healthy growth of the carapace! And you could built a bigger hide :D)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice enclosure Jamie
Bowser must love it :D. It is sooo cute with all his little toys. It gives me the idea to get some to Hermy :).

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Nice enclosure. And when he gets bigger you can put another board on each side to make it taller. Walmart has an inexpensive 4' shop light that has 2 fluorescent bulbs. I would leave one in and replace the other with a ReptiSun 10 bulb. (NOT a ReptiGlo 10). www.PetMountain.com seems to have them cheapest. Don't forget her damp hide on the warm side. An over-turned kitty litter box with a hole cut in one side of the long side is what I used when mine were smaller.
Good luck
Patsy

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
K9KidsLove said:
Hi...Nice enclosure. And when he gets bigger you can put another board on each side to make it taller. Walmart has an inexpensive 4' shop light that has 2 fluorescent bulbs. I would leave one in and replace the other with a ReptiSun 10 bulb. (NOT a ReptiGlo 10). www.PetMountain.com seems to have them cheapest. Don't forget her damp hide on the warm side. An over-turned kitty litter box with a hole cut in one side of the long side is what I used when mine were smaller.
Good luck
Patsy

A new hide is definitly next on the list. He can still fit inside and have room in there, but I have had to make the openings bigger on the cave and coconut hide just so he could get in.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.