I am looking at bringing in some new russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have been looking for a russian male for my girls. The first is a cb 4yr old male, the second is a breeding pair of russians which I am ok with (the more the merrier) but I don't know since they are ltc (long term captive). I am not purchasing anything until after the show in Sept.

Zeke - cb male $80 for him
tnz.jpg

tnz2.jpg

Zeke's Sulcatta friend is for sale to
tnz4.jpg

Breeding pair
tn.jpg

tn2.jpg

tn3.jpg

tn4.jpg

What do you think??

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It is the tucson, Az reptile show & sale. All reptiles are captive breed.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
if that tucson reptile show is anything like tucsons gem show, itll be incredibly huge

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I hope so, I am very worried about having torts shipped to me, although I really like the breeding pair.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Id go for the breeding pair myself, theyre lovely and you get 2 for a resonable price.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is what I am leaning towards, but I am waiting until the reptile show. If they do not have any then I will see if this pair is still available. If not then my search will continue.

Becks

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi i keep horsfields myself and the pair you call the breeding pair look to me like 2 males i maybe wrong due to pic being so small but id say there both male and i would never ever ship an animal the stress for any animal being shipped can have long lasting ill affects so please think twice

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The guy deals in turtle sales everyday, but I think I missed the boat since I told him I was going to wait so he moved to the next interested party. I have one that I am looking at here in the valley so I will see.

A

atoccy

i think they look like males too!
be careful!

best of luck

Wendy

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Well I skipped all of the ones pictured, and a lady that lives pretty close to me called and had one she needed to rehome so I have a new little man in the house. I will post pics as soon as my camera charges. I think I am going to name him Tank. Not sure though have to ask the kiddos what they think when they come home. Won't they all be surprised, especially my hubby since he didn't notice when he came home for lunch. :)

S

squirtle

jenrell23 said:
Well I skipped all of the ones pictured, and a lady that lives pretty close to me called and had one she needed to rehome so I have a new little man in the house. I will post pics as soon as my camera charges. I think I am going to name him Tank. Not sure though have to ask the kiddos what they think when they come home. Won't they all be surprised, especially my hubby since he didn't notice when he came home for lunch. :)

I got a new Russian, too! He is my first Russian Tortoise. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

I lost a young Sulcata two months ago. A lady responded to one of my ads yesterday, and said she was sure she found him as he looked exactly the same. So I load up the kids, take the day off work, and we head over totally excited.....and he isn't even a Sulcata! But he was the cutest little Russian tortoise. She asked us to take him as she travels and cannot take care of him. I put him in a temporary pen while I set up his permanent home, and he burrowed out to visit with my other Sulcata. Here is he a little guy and I turn around and he is trying to mount my larger Sulcata. He escaped so fast!!! My son asked if they were playing piggyback! :rolleyes:

So now he is in his new reinforced enclosure and settling in. His shell is damaged, although not cracked. He also has what appears to be surfboard wax all over his shell. He hasn't had too much interest in food, but who knows what he has been through. He nibbled a bit at some squash, but that is it so far.

K

Kyrazy

Squirtle, it looks like you need to change your signature!

How neat that this little guy fell into your lap.

Kyris

S

squirtle

Kyrazy said:
Squirtle, it looks like you need to change your signature!

How neat that this little guy fell into your lap.

Kyris

Thanks....he is awesome! What a cute little guy he is. Very determined!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He is a little cutie. I still have to charge my batteries so I can take pics of all of my shelled buddies. Maybe tomorrow.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
LOL russians seem to have problems sometimes with IDing sexes it seems.

So when is the show?

How big are your females? Are they of breeding size or needing more growth?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sept 29th I think, I will double check. One will probably be ready in the spring and maybe the other to, I am not sure yet. My new male is a tank though, but not as big as Patches my three toed female, she has everyone beat right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.