Husband in the doghouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
So today I was getting some of my tortoises ready to hibernate. I already have my greeks inside in a tortoise table. Since it was warm today I asked my husband to put them outside. After soaking some of the hibernation tortoises I decided to use the Greeks sleeping box to hibernate the male Hermann's in. So I asked my husband to dump out the hay that was in there so I could put some fresh hay in. Later that day I was bringing the Greeks back into their tortoise table when I couldn't find one of my Zagros Mountain Greeks. He's about 3-4 inches, but I can usually find them with no issues. After raking the entire enclosure for over an hour, I had to give up because the sun had gone down and I couldn't see. I was really distraught because there is a raccoon that graces my yard nightly and loves to kill my shelled friends. So an hour or two later, after a lot of worry, I began to wonder if he ever got put out. My husband assured me he had. I searched the tortoise table, but he wasn't there. Then I asked him if it was possible he had put him in with another group of tortoises. He said no because he had put them all in their sleeping box and then put the box in the pen. Then I remembered he had dumped all the hay out of that box so I asked if it was possible that he had been thrown away! My husband assured me he would have seen or heard him, and that I was just being ridiculous. Since tomorrow morning is trash day I frantically went out to the trash can, dug through the trash and promptly found my missing tortoise at the bottom!!!! He nearly got taken away with the trash!!! Needless to say, my husband is in the doghouse tonight!

M

Maggie Cummings

Holy crap! He should stay there for a few days too. I sure am glad you found the tort. Lucky for him too!

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Like they say "If you want things done right, do them yourself" :D. Btw, sound like you got your hands full. Listen to me, and I have a growin male sulcata, 3 mean screaming kids and a screaming wife most of the time....lol

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Sooo glad you found him!! I think your candy store should be on vacation for a few days:)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
kimber_lee_314 said:
So today I was getting some of my tortoises ready to hibernate. I already have my greeks inside in a tortoise table. Since it was warm today I asked my husband to put them outside. After soaking some of the hibernation tortoises I decided to use the Greeks sleeping box to hibernate the male Hermann's in. So I asked my husband to dump out the hay that was in there so I could put some fresh hay in. Later that day I was bringing the Greeks back into their tortoise table when I couldn't find one of my Zagros Mountain Greeks. He's about 3-4 inches, but I can usually find them with no issues. After raking the entire enclosure for over an hour, I had to give up because the sun had gone down and I couldn't see. I was really distraught because there is a raccoon that graces my yard nightly and loves to kill my shelled friends. So an hour or two later, after a lot of worry, I began to wonder if he ever got put out. My husband assured me he had. I searched the tortoise table, but he wasn't there. Then I asked him if it was possible he had put him in with another group of tortoises. He said no because he had put them all in their sleeping box and then put the box in the pen. Then I remembered he had dumped all the hay out of that box so I asked if it was possible that he had been thrown away! My husband assured me he would have seen or heard him, and that I was just being ridiculous. Since tomorrow morning is trash day I frantically went out to the trash can, dug through the trash and promptly found my missing tortoise at the bottom!!!! He nearly got taken away with the trash!!! Needless to say, my husband is in the doghouse tonight!
Wow what a story. I am a guy that knows about the dog house. He probably did that so you wont let him help you anymore. He might be smarter than you thought

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Oh boy, that could have been really bad. I would say he deserves a night or two on the couch ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Almost every time I let someone "help" me, something like that happens...

So glad you found him. What a close call.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
"My husband assured me he would have seen or heard him"-- If he could've heard him he'd be saying "Hey dummy you just through me in the trash!"
:D:D

Glad you found him! That would've scared the crap outta me!! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad you ended up finding him. I think you should let him out of the doghouse however. I bet he feels bad enough already.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Awesome that you found your tort!
This gives a whole new meaning to the saying" Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" lol.

I agree with Jacqui, you should let hubby out of the doghouse.:)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
As a card-carrying male and husband, I call 'foul' here! I feel compelled to point out that it was at least partly YOUR error that lead to this scary situation. You told him to dump the hay. He did. You did not warn him that their may be a tort in there, nor did you personally clear the hay to make sure it was safe to dump.

I bet hubby feels horrible about what almost happened, and I would also bet that he feels at least a little ticked off since he was just doing what you asked.

I encourage you to get him out of the doghouse and welcome him back in the main house. If I were you, I would also tell him that you realize it was your fault and it was wrong to accuse or insinuate anything on his part. We both know this is not completely true, and he will as well, but he will appreciate the gesture.

Even if you do not do this for him, do it so he does not harbor any ill will towards your tortoises or your relationship with them.

EKLC

5 Year Member
That's why I vow eye-for-an-eye revenge on enemies of my tortoise

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Madkins007 said:
As a card-carrying male and husband, I call 'foul' here! I feel compelled to point out that it was at least partly YOUR error that lead to this scary situation. You told him to dump the hay. He did. You did not warn him that their may be a tort in there, nor did you personally clear the hay to make sure it was safe to dump.

I bet hubby feels horrible about what almost happened, and I would also bet that he feels at least a little ticked off since he was just doing what you asked.

I encourage you to get him out of the doghouse and welcome him back in the main house. If I were you, I would also tell him that you realize it was your fault and it was wrong to accuse or insinuate anything on his part. We both know this is not completely true, and he will as well, but he will appreciate the gesture.

Even if you do not do this for him, do it so he does not harbor any ill will towards your tortoises or your relationship with them.

Ha!! Yeah right! I say lock him in the dog house and next time he'll be more careful!! :D:p

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Wouldn't the trashcan be more appropriate than the doghouse?

Jk, I'm a husband and I side with him. I have to say I've done things sloppily around here before in hopes of not being asked to do it again.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Oh, boy! A good old-fashioned fight between husbands and wives!

I'll make more of a reply, once I check with my wife to make sure it is OK with her!

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Quote from,"Madkins007", boy! A good old-fashioned fight between husbands and wives!

I'll make more of a reply, once I check with my wife to make sure it is OK with her!"

Hahahahaha hubby says this all the time.

I still say kiss and make up, much more fun that staying angry:).

Status
Not open for further replies.