Humidity question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WA
Hey guys! As we are finishing the build on the new tort shed I realized I don't know quite how to keep the humidity at the right level.

The shed will be a permanent part of the house and is 8'x16'x8'. It will be fully insulated, wired for heat and lighting and any other electrical needs. I plan on building a cave/box to fill with cococoair for them to burrow in and i'll use the top as a place to grow trays of grasses.

For the floor we are thinking of putting down grass hay to nibble and dig in.

I'm just not quite sure how to tackle the humidity in a room this large. Any ideas?

I'll start posting pics after we get the last walls up :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you are talking adults, which if your keeping them outside, I'm going to assume you are, then humidity is not really nessicary. BTW, incase you didn't know, sulcatas and leopards can not be housed together. Also, if you have more then one sulcata, they may have to be house separate from each other.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
So far there haven't been any issues but they are all the same size, 9-12 inches. I know they will all have to be separated in the future and we plan on doing a larger structure for just the sulcatas to winter in next year. That way this one can be divided into 2 sections for the leos when the babies get too big for the table i made them. We live in a desert climate and the weather gets below 0F at times. My concern is that in keeping the heat up it will dry it out and make them uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.