Humidity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lMorphine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Haha. I do really care for my animals. Unfortunately, I work in a pet store and I see how the animals come in and I would never let my animals get that way. Especially tortoises, I have a soft spot for them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
lMorphine said:
Oh and another question. I'm putting plans together for a tortoise table, because I live in NY, its rather cold. Size isn't really a factor but obviously cant put a 30'x30' in my living room. Do you think an 8'x6' is good for an adult leopard? Bigger?

Leopards have quite a size range. Lets say you get a big female at 18" a few years from now. In that case, 8x6' all winter long would feel pretty cramped to me. I don't think it will kill her, but I don't think it would be good either. For an adult that size, I'd like to see a whole room devoted to her with a warm ambient and a big basking spot.

Whatever you do, I'd build a closed chamber and not an open topped table. You'll be able to keep it much warmer for a lot less money in a closed chamber vs. something that is wide open.

lMorphine

5 Year Member
New York
Thanks Tom. Maybe sometime you can explain how to build a closed chamber. I have an empty room in my basement but its quite cold sometimes. And I posted up a thread with the new enclosure and pictures of the little guy but somebody moved it somewhere =[

Status
Not open for further replies.