HUMIDITY FOR MY CHERRY HEAD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield, Ma
Hello Everyone....
I just want to ask a quick question about my Cherry Head Redfoot Tortoise's enclosure. I have my tank (I'm working on better enclosure this weekend) The temp is ALWAYS anywhere between 80 to 90 degrees then when I turn the lights off at night it drops to about 79 degrees and the humidity when I have my fogger going during the day it gets to about 80% to 90% and when I turn it off at night it drops to about 60% to 70%... Is this ok for my tortoise? I just want to make sure this is ok for temps for the mornings & night. I know I heard the temps always drop at night. So I am just double checking so my Cherry Head (Franklin) is doing good with those temps. :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
terryo said:
I always use heat emitters, and kept the temp. consistent at around 80, night and day, for my cherries. Just how I do it.

Same for me! CHE's and thermostats keep things consistent 24/7.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If your temperatures drop to low with high humidity thats not good. But you have a basking lamp set up for a 95 f basking spot . Your che is on a thermostat set to 80 f there will be a temperature drop. The thermostat temperatures will drop maybe 4/5 degrees so dropping the temperatures in the high 70's but bring it back up to maintain 80 . My set up is like this and you check with temperature gun and at night it stays at 78ish.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
My redfoot hides from bright light, such as her UVB light, so I don't have a basking light. I only have a UVB light and CHE set on a thermostat for 83.

My humidity is very high, so I keep the thermostat higher so it will kick on at ~80, rather than below 80.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
Ok thanks everyone. I will start just leaving everything on all day all night. All I do is turn my fogger off and the UVA & UVB (BOTH IN 1 BULB) I have done this for about 4-5 nights BUT that is why I came on here to ask about this. Thank you again :)

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
He/she needs dark at night. Try to get a CHE as soon as possible.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: HUMIDITY FOR MY CHERRY HEAD???

Beck said:
My redfoot hides from bright light, such as her UVB light, so I don't have a basking light. I only have a UVB light and CHE set on a thermostat for 83.

My humidity is very high, so I keep the thermostat higher so it will kick on at ~80, rather than below 80.

Sorry brain fart. Was thinking sulcata I don't know why .
but you can do the same thing with two che's. Just set one to 95 and one to 80 .

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
Beck said:
He/she needs dark at night. Try to get a CHE as soon as possible.

What is a CHE's? I have a red light that I turn on at night for him. That won't work? I just looked in his tank and it was alittle over 80F Humidity was at 75% not good?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ceramic heat emitter(che)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The ceramic heat emitter lasts much longer than any bulb, I think. Also at night it will be dark. I've noticed that mine never liked bright lights so I only use a long tube 5.0 UVB made for a 20 gal tank. I put that in the middle and on each side is a CHE.

Status
Not open for further replies.