Humid hides in a closed chamber.

Jesco21

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler, Az
Is it really necessary to have a humid hide with when I have a closed chambered enclosure for my leopard tortoise. Temps at night is always at 80 degrees. Humidity is at 70-80%

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
IMG_4822.JPG I think so. You are still likely to see some pyramiding at only 70-80% humidity. The humid hide will help reduce the effects of the dryness.

My closed chambers are 80-90% humid and I still run humid hides in all of them.

Jesco21

Chandler, Az
35B7F9F5-CF60-4EC5-B096-FB1B6E83CB29.jpeg
Thanks Tom.

I mean I have a humid hide on the cool side with sphagnum moss inside of it . But he never uses it. He always sleeps under this fake plant. And at night he goes further in where Tupperware is and falls asleep for the night

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
View attachment 234966
Thanks Tom.

I mean I have a humid hide on the cool side with sphagnum moss inside of it . But he never uses it. He always sleeps under this fake plant. And at night he goes further in where Tupperware is and falls asleep for the night

I don't really have a "cool" side in my baby sulcata enclosures. The whole thing stays 80 or higher day and night.

Also, every tortoise I've tried to use moss with eats it. I can't use it. Watch out for this as it can cause an impaction.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
I don't really have a "cool" side in my baby sulcata enclosures. The whole thing stays 80 or higher day and night.

Also, every tortoise I've tried to use moss with eats it. I can't use it. Watch out for this as it can cause an impaction.

What are you using in your humid hides?