Humid box enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This is the second time I've mentioned Hydroponics on this forum... didnt get much responses the first time. But I think you guys will agree this Mini Greenhouse could work as a humidbox enclosure. It has vents on the top to control air flow thus regulating humidity. The price is awesome too! $25 with thermometer. This setup would work for a hatchling..but there was a 2x3? same design; heavy duty plastic. Let me know what you guys think.
20121027_134547.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your using it as an enclosure, then no, it wouldn't work well. As already mentioned. The uv will not go through the plastic. However, if as the title states, your using it as a humid hide only, then yes, it will or should work great. The popup greenhouse I have set up for hopefully winter grazing would have been perfect for raising high humidity torts. Even at 85-90 degrees, the humidity is in the 80's and at just a little cooler temp, 75-80 the humidity is at 90.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
You guys are right...The UV will not go through. There was a bigger one..I believe it was 2x3? I should of taken a pic of that one. I'm currently using a plastic storage container with a lid with 2 holes on top for the ballasts. I didn't achieve the results I seeked as far as raising smooth leos, but they have grown fast! When I spray the enclosure the humidity goes into the 80's; but drops to high 60's an hour later. I'll post pics soon..

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
This wont work for an enclosure but I think it would work great as a "sleeping chamber" for babies that need that high humidity. Where can I get one of these bad boys?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Eweezyfosheezy said:
This wont work for an enclosure but I think it would work great as a "sleeping chamber" for babies that need that high humidity. Where can I get one of these bad boys?

A hydroponic store.. I really dig the setups; very sophisticated. If you absolutely cant find one..PM me. Will work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.