Hows my diet looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpham93

5 Year Member
For two weeks now i have been feeding my two RT collard greens, green lettuce, turnip greens, and kale with a sprinkle of timothys hay on top :D

Diet 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern USA
Looking pretty good! You might want to start up with a pelleted diet like Mazuri Tortoise Diet to add more nutrients, or something like ZooMed Grassland Tortoise Diet for more variety in the diet. If you don't decide to go that route, maybe start up with a vitamin/mineral supplement to help get a broad spectrum of essentials? The thing is, RT's eat a huge variety in the wild, and grocery store greens just aren't gonna do it long-term on their own. If you want to grow your own plants like the ones they eat in the wild, the Arizona Tortoise Compound is a good place to start.
I feed my tort about 1/3 mixed grocery store greens with 2/3 ZooMed Grassland Tortoise Diet. I also use a calcium supplement and a vitamin/mineral supplement. But I have only been keeping RT's for a year and a half now, so I'm no big expert... :D
Good luck! That's one cute tort you got!!

bpham93

5 Year Member
TortoiseLuv0131 said:
Looking pretty good! You might want to start up with a pelleted diet like Mazuri Tortoise Diet to add more nutrients, or something like ZooMed Grassland Tortoise Diet for more variety in the diet. If you don't decide to go that route, maybe start up with a vitamin/mineral supplement to help get a broad spectrum of essentials? The thing is, RT's eat a huge variety in the wild, and grocery store greens just aren't gonna do it long-term on their own. If you want to grow your own plants like the ones they eat in the wild, the Arizona Tortoise Compound is a good place to start.
I feed my tort about 1/3 mixed grocery store greens with 2/3 ZooMed Grassland Tortoise Diet. I also use a calcium supplement and a vitamin/mineral supplement. But I have only been keeping RT's for a year and a half now, so I'm no big expert... :D

First of all thank you for the advice and input. Im actually trying to grow broadleaf testudo seed mix, will that be okay for variety? i'm sure they could get all their nutrients from those, i hope.

http://www.tortoisesupply.com/TestudoMix

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern USA
bpham93 said:
TortoiseLuv0131 said:

First of all thank you for the advice and input. Im actually trying to grow broadleaf testudo seed mix, will that be okay for variety? i'm sure they could get all their nutrients from those, i hope.

http://www.tortoisesupply.com/TestudoMix

Wow, that looks awesome! IMHO, that should do just fine. :D your tort is very lucky! Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.