Good Redfoot Diet?

tort0i3s3

Location (City and/or State)
Hull
Is this a good diet for my 11 month redfoots? what would you change? Also I live in the UK so stuff like hibiscus and cactus pads aren't available for me.

Monday- romaine lettuce, mushroom, carrot, radish
Tuesday- dandelion greens, mango, bell pepper, squash
Wednesday- turnip greens, kale, pellets
Thursday- animal protein (dubia roaches, mealworms)
Friday- kale, parsley, cress
Saturday- dandelion greens, papaya, kiwi
Sunday- romaine lettuce, turnip greens, pineapple

Edit: I occasionally give banana, strawberries and cherries too.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
That sounds pretty great!

I think variety is the key ... some people will caution against the banana or pepper or kale for various reasons, but since they're all a small part of a large menu, I think it should work wonderfully for your redfoot.

I have a caresheet that I made for people who care for my Darwin when I'm away, and am attaching a pic of the diet section below:

IMG_8599.jpg

By no means should you take this as me saying my diet is better, just different ... I read yours with an eye to what I can add to Darwin's diet to increase the variety of foods he eats.

Jamie

tort0i3s3

Hull
Thank you for the quick and helpful response! When you feed insects, how much/many do you feed please? As I don't want to feed too many and cause any growth problems

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Thank you for the quick and helpful response! When you feed insects, how much/many do you feed please? As I don't want to feed too many and cause any growth problems

I feed a 2-3 of silkworm pupae 1-2 times per week ... I get them dried, and rehydrate them for Darwin.

J

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Looks good, nice variety. I also feed scrambled eggs for protein, my Redfoots love them. I also feed Earthworms. 3-4 every couple weeks.