Howdy from Aggieland

jacobmsimpson

Howdy! I've always been an avid admirer of family friends with large tortoise at their ranches and homes in south Texas. I've finally reached a point in life where I feel that I could provide a comfortable home for a large tortoise of my own and joined the forum to learn as much as I could about the care or these creature and in the hope I could find one of my own

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). What kind are you looking for? We have lots of Texan members that can help with heating for whatever cold temps,you do get.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

jacobmsimpson

I have access to lights and would make a customer underground home for a tortoise out of stones but the main thing I lack is a tortoise! I'm looking for an adult yellow foot, sulcata, or leopard. I want to leave him outside most of the year so any advice or leads would me most appreciated

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

jacobmsimpson

Any recommendation as to the best outdoor breed. I'm hung up between sulcata yellow foot and leopard

jacobmsimpson

i think ive decided on an adult leopard tortoise any info on one for sale would be much appreciated

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you have an enclosure ready before you get a tortoise. Check out the species specific section for some ideas and information.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the desert !
m0754.gif