How to tell if RI is cured??

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello Everyone, a couple months ago I took Oliver to his vet and found out he had a minor RI, I was given antibiotics and kept him from hibernating over the winter and have provided him with heat lamps. I would like to know how can you tell if he has gotten over his infection? I believe I can still hear him wheezing but I don't know if I really am hearing him wheeze or I am just paranoid? He also does these squawking noises every once in a while but I am sure if its just him rubbing his beak together. I still have a bit of the baytril left over from what the vet gave me but I would first like to know how can I tell if he is still sick. I remember the vet made bubbles come out his mouth when she pressed him but I am not sure where or how she did so. Any suggestions?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I would just keep him warm. Don't allow the enclosure to get below 80F. Soak him in warm water daily even though you may have a waterer in the habitat. I don't like to use too much Baytril. If you've already gone through the whole regimine, then don't use any more.